Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm (finally) getting my MDX in a couple of weeks (Touring/ Red Rock Pearl/Saddle) and the dealer is trying to convince me to buy the lower trim - it fits in front of the grill.

Besides not being sure if I like the way the greyish plastic will look on my red exterior, does it provide any REAL protection? After all, the bumpers themselves are rated for a 5-15 mph collision and insurance covers any damage. The dealer says it'll protect resale value by protecting from frame damage. I can see it being a help from people backing into you when parking by not having to repaint the bumpers, but if someone really slams you how much extra protection is the plastic?

M

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the lower trim. The color looks nice with my truck, which is granite green. I would think that with a contrasting color, you might prefer to have it painted, much like some have been getting the rear air deflector painted. Anyhow, I doubt that it provides "protection" of any kind. I think it is just for looks. Persoanally, I like how it looks. You could but it from Tim and save some money, though I have the impression that installation is a little more involved than with some other accessories.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts