Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Time Poster...

Having monitored this forum for several months now - my thanks to all those who contribute to the sharing of useful knowledge and information that 1) makes the buying experience less painful, 2) allows people to collaborate on best products / ideas, and 3) will save me $$$ by buying accessories through Tim!

Have searched and researched many threads and have answered most of my questions through this research. Have 44 days ( approximately - I hope) still to wait - so I have too much time to think about this!!

Ordered SS Touring / Nav - I'm definitely going with fender flares and side steps - however - am strongly considering lower trim - have seen several pictures posted with lower trim - looks like it will contrast well with SS - however - it doesn't seem to be that popular of an option based on what I have seen from the forum. Any comments? What do people think? My wife was thinking that having both flares and lower trim would be a good combo - esp. for the SS but I'm beginning to wonder.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I personally love my lower trim on the MDX. I have a black MDX and ordered my trim from TIM and he even painted it black for me (for a nominal fee of course) and it looks great.

Last week I was at a red light and some guy in front of me was driving a BMW M3 and I guess he had a stick shift and rolled back into me. No damage but at least if anything was scraped it would have been the lower trim and not the bumper.

Plus, I think it looks good on the MDX, my opinion of course.

If you want to see a pic of a painted trim (black) let em know and I will take ont for you, but am sure there are many here for you to see.

Mush

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am also waiting for a SS Touring Navi(due in April). Last week waiting at a light one pulls next to me fully trimmed. IMHO I did not like the look of all the black trim on the SS- epsecially the front guard and fender flairs. I do like the look of all the black trim on the darker colors. I plan to add mud guards, BSM and possibly rear deflector.

Chris.soto has an SS and the flairs painted silver and they look very nice.
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3935&highlight=black+manik

Of course we all have different tastes. Hopefully you can see some on the road to get a better idea. Also have you tried the acura.com web site "build your own" link? You can add exterior pieces and see what the X of your color looks like, although it is a small picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
wpf
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing