Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to manually lower the steering column? The tilt motor only works going up. I need it lowered so I can see all my damn dashboard at a glance. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. I have found that if I disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes till all the memory setting drain, I can reconnect the battery and I the column will work again for one or two tries. So once you lower it, don't raise it. If you raise it, the memory may be confused again and you have to disconnect the battery again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem. I have found that if I disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes till all the memory setting drain, I can reconnect the battery and I the column will work again for one or two tries. So once you lower it, don't raise it. If you raise it, the memory may be confused again and you have to disconnect the battery again.
I found out the hard way. Battery died. Had it changed and all worked again. I did turn off the auto tilt tho, I don't want to press my luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts