Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on the site and found nothing on this topic. I was at the Acura dealer picking up my plates and talking to a Service Manager about Stongard and Clear Mask. He pointed out that the lower grill has very wide openings that allow rocks and other debris to go through to the air conditioning line and radiator and noted that he has seen several come in with a screw or rock piercing the radiator or air conditioning line. He suggested I go to an aftermarket store and install a screen similar to that on the grill below the hood. I have done searches for somthing that I could trim and insert somehow into the lower grills but haven't found anything. Has anyone here dealt with this in anyway? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I am sure it would not be difficult to construct your own out of some sort of screening. Like the black plastic used for covering gutters.
In fact that looks a lot like what Acura uses for the upper radiator openings.
It never came up probably because no one has yet had a problem.
But it would certainly give the radiator more protection. Good idea! Congratulations on the new post!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I'm interested in finding a solution. I haven't thought of the lower grill protection. I'll let you know what I find. Also, I'd appreciate it if you share your findings as well.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts