Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the bulb size/code for the lower driving lights? I want to replace them with aftermarket ones. Thanks!

DRIVING LIGHTS - 9006
HIGH BEAMS - 9005
DRIVING LIGHTS - ?

~JIMBO

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Same as the Headlights, 9006 btw replacing the bulbs are easier if you do it from inside the hood, as opposed to the manual where you need to remove a bolt to pull out the lens

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Go for HID's

9006 lows and fogs
9005 high beams

Go For the HID lights they are amazing, many websites have check out this one

www.hids4less.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
Be Careful

I had the Pia Hyper Whites in lows and upgraded them to HID. I thought that the Pias would fit into the fogs fine. NOT! the bulb is about 1/16" longer and it will not fit. The very end hits the dome reflector inside.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Depends on which Piaa

I use the Piaa Ion yellow 2500k and it fits perfect into the fog 9006 plug. Make sure its not a 9005 that could be problem. most all Piaa 9006 should fit into fog lights.

Becareful with the hids4less people I can't get them on phone for almost a week you may want to check another HID distributor if going to make a purchase!

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I was testing the HIDs I noticed that if your arms are long and skinny enough, you can reach down to the fogs and change the bulbs.

OTOH, the PIAA super whites have a fatter base so I had to remove the fog light assemblys according to the manual and loosen the mount (not in the manual) so that I can screw in the PIAAs.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Piaa Install

I was able to reach and spin then right in with no trouble.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your help! I got some hid color bulbs for them and i easily installed them within 5 minutes. I wish it would stop raining! Black is so hard to take care of! Oh, I just got my 5% tint today too!

Thanks,

Jimbo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts