Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Community -

2010 MDX w/110k miles, replaced shocks, struts, and sway bar last week, but i'm still am hearing a low pitched noise/squeak when i'm going low speeds or breaking over bumps.

When i'm above 45mph car runs great no noise, but driving through the neighborhood or going over curb below 25mph it's quite prevalent. Any ideas what else it could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
530 Posts
What about your ball joints and/or tie rods (inner and outer) ?

Reactions: GKL8

·
Registered
530 Posts
When I replaced mine (both inner and outer), they did not have any obvious play or being extremely loose. However, I had the clunking noise while backing out of the driveway. Problem solved when I replaced them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hello Community -

2010 MDX w/110k miles, replaced shocks, struts, and sway bar last week, but i'm still am hearing a low pitched noise/squeak when i'm going low speeds or breaking over bumps.

When i'm above 45mph car runs great no noise, but driving through the neighborhood or going over curb below 25mph it's quite prevalent. Any ideas what else it could be?

Thanks!
When you say sway bar replacement, What did you replace? Sway bar links? Sway bar bushings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sway bar links - but the mechanic (local) found out it was none of the above. He found the screw to the engine mount was lose/off, the last person to work on the engine - Bob Rohrman Acura for the excessive oil consumption recall work...smh

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thank you for the update. It sure helps others to diagnose similar problems.

I know from my own experiences with my Acura dealer. Dealers not always perform to the level we expect to deserve being a higher than regular auto level brand. After all, mechanics are people doing mistakes people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts