Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My 2015 mdx tech has got some weird issue. Usually low fuel warning lit up when I have around 100 kms (62miles) worth of fuel left but from last couple of times the warning light is not liting and neither vehicle is giving me any audible warning. Anyone else have ever came across this kind of issue??

Thanks in advance for inputs.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I normally re-fuel at quarter tank.
I don’t understand your post at all. OP asks if anyone else is not getting visible or audio alerts when low fuel. Your response is we fill it up at 7/8 and you refill at a quarter tank. Doesn’t make any sense and no relevance.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
Hi there,

My 2015 mdx tech has got some weird issue. Usually low fuel warning lit up when I have around 100 kms (62miles) worth of fuel left but from last couple of times the warning light is not liting and neither vehicle is giving me any audible warning. Anyone else have ever came across this kind of issue??

Thanks in advance for inputs.
Just for curiosity, why in the world do you let your fuel tank go that low on a 19.2 Gal US fuel capacity? I never experienced that issue but could just be a module or fuse that might have been damaged or the setting for that might have been changed.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for curiosity, why in the world do you let your fuel tank go that low on a 19.2 Gal US fuel capacity? I never experienced that issue but could just be a module or fuse that might have been damaged or the setting for that might have been changed.

Very seldom I go that low, I generally fill when it goes down little under 3/4 but from last 2 times I did go low on purpose just to check when is the warning getting activated.
I can't figure out if theres any sensor which has stopped working or its common to others as well not to get low fuel level alert.
In past it use to activate even when I had good 90-95 miles to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
60 highway miles is difference than 60 city miles, this could be more than a gallon different easily depends on the driving habit/condition.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
I actually let my MDX get near empty today. That low fuel light came on at 41 miles range left. However, what I don't like is that there is a fuel low warning in the MID screen and an idiot light at the fuel gauge. And to top things off, I didn't hear that warning system come on for low fuel. When I did fueled up, with the line smack between the red and the last white line, it was 17.285 gallons. So my best bet that the reserve gas would be 2 gals?

On top of this, the computer calculated MPG for this tank of gas with 365.5 miles showed 22 MPG, whereas my spreadsheet showed 21.12 MPG. Very different calculations and numbers. And I did filled up 87 in the previous tank and in this current tank (went to Costco to save $0.32/gal).

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I actually let my MDX get near empty today. That low fuel light came on at 41 miles range left. However, what I don't like is that there is a fuel low warning in the MID screen and an idiot light at the fuel gauge. And to top things off, I didn't hear that warning system come on for low fuel. When I did fueled up, with the line smack between the red and the last white line, it was 17.285 gallons. So my best bet that the reserve gas would be 2 gals?

On top of this, the computer calculated MPG for this tank of gas with 365.5 miles showed 22 MPG, whereas my spreadsheet showed 21.12 MPG. Very different calculations and numbers. And I did filled up 87 in the previous tank and in this current tank (went to Costco to save $0.32/gal).
What don’t you like about the 2 warnings? It seems reasonable. The difference between the computer calculations and yours are well within margin of error. I have never been that close in calculations. In other words, I don’t know what you are complaining about. By the way, 365.5 divided by 17.285 is 21.14. As I said, I have never been that close.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
What don’t you like about the 2 warnings? It seems reasonable. The difference between the computer calculations and yours are well within margin of error. I have never been that close in calculations. In other words, I don’t know what you are complaining about. By the way, 365.5 divided by 17.285 is 21.14. As I said, I have never been that close.
Its one thing to have just a warning light in the MID screen, but its excessive to have two lights at the same time: one in the MID screen and the CEL equivalent light (never knew this light existed and was large). I only thought one light would come on, since I was used to seeing it on our 1999 Accord, 2005 Odyssey, 2016 & 2019 Rogue, and 2018 Kicks; just 1 light.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
Here are pictures of what I mean.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just keep the tank full and you'll have nothing to complain about :)

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
Just keep the tank full and you'll have nothing to complain about :)
I always fill up at quarter tank so I never knew that there were two lights.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Its one thing to have just a warning light in the MID screen, but its excessive to have two lights at the same time: one in the MID screen and the CEL equivalent light (never knew this light existed and was large). I only thought one light would come on, since I was used to seeing it on our 1999 Accord, 2005 Odyssey, 2016 & 2019 Rogue, and 2018 Kicks; just 1 light.
Apparently Acura thought that if you are running that low on gas, you need 2 warnings.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
953 Posts
Apparently Acura thought that if you are running that low on gas, you need 2 warnings.
Even if its that low, which I drove the 2016 Rogue low enough that it had 0.1 gal remaining, 1 indicator is enough. Is there even an option to turn these other indicators off, since it bothers me alot?

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
Not sure about 3rd Gen, but on 1st Gen, it has 1 gallon reserved by default when range hits 0.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts