Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my MDX reaches around 50mph it switches into 5'th gear and the engine switches into a lower frequency tone, I can hear the low frequency tone only when I accelerate. And if I put the gear in D4(so that it won't go into the 5'th gear) then I won't be able to hear the low frequency tone. Personally, I believe this should not be a problem, but just want to get some comments. Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, MDXplosion,

The low tone bugs me as well. My solution is that if I'm in area that I won't exceed 55mph, I'll just put in D4, and would only switch into D5 if I'm going to go over 60mph.
I'm just hoping this low frequency tone is not something wrong with the drive shaft out of balance. There was a thread talking about "Drive shaft". flyguy reported some "low frequency noise" presenting between 55mph-65mph.
But if we can avoid the low tone by not going into D5, may be it's not a problem with drive shaft. What do you think?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.