Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO the MDX offers great value in the $35-40,000 range. There are, however, some design modifications/improvements that Acura could add at little cost. I’m not talking about major features, just some nit-picking items. Here is my list (I apologize if some have been mentioned before):

1.The clock and outside temperature should appear in the LCD screen below the speedometer. The trip A and B is redundant. It would also be nice to have a digital display of the current speed in the LCD (my wife’s MB wagon has this in addition to an analog display - it is far easier to glance at the digital speed than the analog).

2.Bigger cup holders that adjust to bottle size.

3.Better design of “not an ashtray” to hold coins

4.The NAV should have a feature to find the nearest store in a chain. When I search for the closest Home Depot, I usually get one hundreds of miles away (maybe I’m doing something wrong).

5.The Touring seat backs should adjust to a more upright position.

6.The Touring CD player should show the elapsed time of a track (now have to push fast forward or reverse to get the elapsed time of the track). I listen to long mixes and would like to find a precise point in the mix

·
Registered
89 Posts
And...you have to be careful using that "flocked ashtray with some bumps" to not overfill it as my Dear Husband discovered in his TL.

Kept hearing a noise that sounded like metal rubbing together, around the console and the 'coin holder' was completely empty. Was close to the 30K service, so we had it checked out at the same time.

Turns out that some of the quarters had slipped over the back edge into the 'wide open spaces' of part of the console. The noise we were hearing was those darned things rubbing together when we went over bumps.

The good thing, though, was while it took them almost an hour to locate and retrieve the prodigal coins, they didn't charge us for that. We don't put any coins in there any more, lest they too, attempt an escape. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
MDX88 said:
4.The NAV should have a feature to find the nearest store in a chain. When I search for the closest Home Depot, I usually get one hundreds of miles away (maybe I’m doing something wrong).
I think I've figured this one out. The problem is that some stores are listed in the database in ways you wouldn't expect. Sometimes this is a question of the store's name, i.e., the Starbucks closest to you is filed as "Starbucks Coffee Co." and not "Starbucks." Sometimes this problem has to do with the category you've selected, i.e., the Home Depot closest to you is filed under "Building Supplies - Wholesale" but you're looking under "Hardware" or "Home Centers".

It sure is frustrating to have the Navi tell me the nearest Pizza Hut is 350 miles away in Nevada when I can see one out my window 20 feet away. But then I just laugh and smile, knowing that in some ways, I'm smarter than a computer. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts