Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 05' mdx used and I noticed that when I flip up the center console cup holder it's about 1/2" deep.

It's hard to get a cup in there and even when I do, it flops around because it's so shallow.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my 04 MDX. I wonder if anyone has found a cup holder adapter that works.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I can't tell if the 1/2" depth in the original post is poetic license, satire, or reality.

Mine aren't "deep" but are certainly deep enough that I've never spilled anything in 40,000 miles. If they were 1/2" deep, I'm sure my carpet would be rock-hard from coffee baths. ;-)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be more than 1/2" but not by much.
I put in a large water bottle (Arrowhead) and it flops over because the cup is both too shallow and too small.

I was just wondering if there was an 'adapter' that used to be there and got lost in the years since the car was sold.

My other cars don't have this issue. (I have one other car with 'shallow' 1" cup holders but that car has an adjustable ring and that works pretty well)

·
Registered
240 Posts
The only adapter-like mechanism are three flexible tabs that pull out from the top of the wells to help snug down cups/bottles that are too narrow, but in my experience the well itself isn't wide enough for things with a wide diameter like large water bottles.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The only adapter-like mechanism are three flexible tabs that pull out from the top of the wells to help snug down cups/bottles that are too narrow, but in my experience the well itself isn't wide enough for things with a wide diameter like large water bottles.

Yep I have no issues with the cup holder on my 05 perhaps the rubber tabs are missing?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a pic, look at the 'small' drink in the right cup (And ignore the dirt..haha)
It's 2", but when you put a 'large' drink in, it becomes 1/2 "

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep, that's how they are. You're not missing anything except the tabs I mentioned previously (they would be sticking out of the three slots you can see at the top of the well on the driver's side), which might provide a little more hold, but I doubt it would be very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts