Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time there has been a loud squeak coming from my hatch, i figured out it was coming from the top, and thought maybe it was coming from the bolts connecting the hatch to the body. I sprayed white lithium grease on it multiple times but it doesn't seem to help for more than a day. The squeaking or creaking has gotten worse! Does anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I brought it to the dealer for diagnostics on the noise because after my two-hour car ride over bumpy highways, I was ready to sell the thing. The dealer said it was the plastic cover on the interior side of the hatch that was rubbing against the metal, and they used foam tape to seperate them, after attempting to resecure the plastic piece. This worked only for a few miles and since I was on my way back from a road trip, the dealer eventually agreed to refund me the cost. Now that I know the source of the most annoying, hard to describe noise, I'm going to try and fix it. I think this all started when my mom got rear ended in it and they had to remove the plastic cover to repair the dent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts