Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before. My wife had come home from a 2hr. road trip and had turned the entire heating/cooling system off. The next day when we both got in the vehicle I turned on the "auto" button to the heating/cooling system. As soon as I hit the button we heard a loud thud. Sounded like a vent door slamming very hard. When I turned the system right back off and then on again there was no sound. Any ideas on what this may have been??

Thanks
Marc

02 mdx

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think im hearing that also. never used a/c on my one month old 2003 x (it is winter here) but even turning heater on i hear it most of the time. but i dont think it is really loud. somewhat loud. maybe unusually loud^^. but dont know the problem. i also thought that it was vent openning sound. anyone?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Happens all the time with mine....the service dept told me it's the compressor kicking in, usually happens the first time you turn it on after it hasn't been driven for a while....never had that kind of sound in any of my cars, Camry, Z260, GMC Truck....go figure!

·
Registered
285 Posts
i've heard it too... it's normal...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like there are a lot of "Normals" that aren't normal on other vehicles. Brake Noises, Hard upshifts, Gas sloshing, A/C noises, etc. are NOT normal problems on my 02 chevy 2500 HD 4x4!!
It was in the $40,000 range just as the mdx too. Just food for thought!!! Kinda dissappointed with all these so called normal problems. If other car makers can get it right why can't Honda/Acura??? Oh well!!!

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts