Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently purchased a used 2005 Acura MDX. I do all of my own maintenance, and right off the bat I had to replace all 4 tires (dry rot), change the oil (and all other fluids to be on the safe side), replace all 4 sets of brake pads and rebuild all 4 calipers. The sun roof is not operating, the passenger door lock will only work manually, and the cable to the rear passenger power window motor has come off track and is possibly broken (I have it temporarily fixed).
Now I have another issue with a loud beep going off for 60 seconds at start up that I did not have before. The "Req Maint" light was on, and I was able to get that re-set, but the beeping sound keeps going off. It has nothing to do with the seatbelt as I put it on prior to starting the engine, and the noise is coming from behind the dash panel showing the gauges. I tried resetting it as you would when you change the oil, and that does not work.

Now that you have the history, here is the main question.
Does anyone have any idea what this warning beep is for? And How do I re-set it? Also, I have tried to find a COMPLETE service manual for this MDX but to date have been unsuccessful.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just bought an 05 as well. I also heard a beep from the dash once or twice in the first week but it's been gone since. No errors or warnings.

I only replaced some of the fluids and air filters. Perhaps it's related, not sure. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in the MDX may have some ideas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take a video or sound clip of the beeping so can hear if it is a factory beep or aftermarket from possibly a car starter or security system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts