Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MDX ISSUE

Hello guys, I was wondering if you have encountered this problem (video link below). The kids and I went to a local store to buy something. Upon heading back and starting the engine, several problem starts popping up. I tried to turn off the engine and start it back up at least 3 times but still does the same. Got no choice but to drive it like this and hoping that nothing serious happens and it did. When I got home, I tried restarting it again and it was all good. Can't duplicate the problem again. I got an appointment tom. And will see what they will say this time. By the way, the car has already 32,000 mi on it.

https://youtu.be/IysNh6OFvsw

·
Registered
837 Posts
MDX ISSUE

Hello guys, I was wondering if you have encountered this problem (video link below). The kids and I went to a local store to buy something. Upon heading back and starting the engine, several problem starts popping up. I tried to turn off the engine and start it back up at least 3 times but still does the same. Got no choice but to drive it like this and hoping that nothing serious happens and it did. When I got home, I tried restarting it again and it was all good. Can't duplicate the problem again. I got an appointment tom. And will see what they will say this time. By the way, the car has already 32,000 mi on it.

https://youtu.be/IysNh6OFvsw
I have had that before. Just needs a dealer reset of the fault codes.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Well, that and a trace to the root error. Our MDXes light up practically everything when a fault occurs, so it's hard for us to know what the root cause is. The dealership is the only one to diagnose, but it is best to bring it in with all the errors showing because if it disappears and then you bring it in, they will tell you they can't reproduce it.

I assume you have a ADV model given the error messages I've seen--have you gotten the emissions recall associated with the start/stop system that pushes your transmission to neutral randomly and locks you there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Just drop off the car in the dealership. Will update afterwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: (sorry it took a while).
Dealer finding says "Found DTC P1659 in system (Problem in electronic throttle control system). Cleared DTC and perform PCM update". Oakland Acura....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Hmm that's a new one.. thanks for the update though.

Wondering what DBW system problem caused it and what update potentially fixed it.

Don't you wish that they could just hook up the PCM device and apply any and all updates whenever we go in? Just keep us up to date that way...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts