Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Hey, Rail....did u login over there (beta site)? When I did, my cookie over here got blasted, and my pwd reset. Weird. All normal now, on both ends :confused:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Recent upgrade to IE6? Recent install of their latest security patch (just a couple of days ago)? I did that, too...hmmm...maybe M$ issue and not this site's...:confused:

Definitely a cookie issue if that's the case, tho! I vaguely remember having to reset IE6 to specifically allow cookies here; I think when I first ug'd to it, by default it was blocking cookies from everywhere...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Bizarre - Full Moon Tonight?

Wmquan and I were just chatting...he said he's having the same difficulty as you...and mentioned that the 'new msg' link was bizarre and causing errors. I've had no problems....until...

I came back to check the link. I wasn't cookied. Had to login. Oddly, my password was restored. That's good, since the one it autogenerated for me earlier was:

3354ae4deac2b0964be76e0ecfe2bc08

and that was damn hard to remember!

Weird...maybe admin's moving the site???

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Ok, I have to appologize for this, after the software upgrade, the cookies need to be reset. I haven't figured out the best way to do that, but for now you can delete your cookie manually. Here is where you can find the cookie, depending on your OS:

Windows 2000, XP: c:\documents and settings\<user>\Cookies\<user>@www.acuramdx[#].txt

Windows ME/98: not sure, don't have it handy. Anyone?

Thanks,
admin.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
c:\windows\cookies directory on my 98 machines

file name starts with my name (whatever you regged Win with, prolly) then the @www stuff

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay - I'm on Win2K... and after deleteing the cookie file - logging in - it seems to be all better.

On my Mac (OS 9.2.2 IE 5.1.3) in the prefs under Cookies I deleted 3 cookies for www.acuramdx.org : bblastactivity, bblastvisit and sessionhash ... which fixed it on that system.

Thanks. :cool:

Rail

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
cookie problem

I'm using WIN-XP and had to manually delete temp internet files, through the c drive. The disk clean-up didn't work. After deleted maually thru c drive everything back to normal. Thanks for all the assistance everyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
admin said:
Ok, I have to appologize for this, after the software upgrade, the cookies need to be reset.

Your system has other problems than losing cookies. I just registered yesterday, made 1 post, logged off, and now the system will not let me login. It said my password was not correct, (it was correct) and when I requested an email with for my password it came back with my user name (BaldEagle) but the password was blank. I tried to reregister and it would not let me. (username, email already being used). I finally was able to reregister by using a slightly different username, BaldEagle1, and my alternate email address.

·
Administrator
710 Posts
For all of you having problems logging in, I appologize. Here is some explanation:

The upgrade now keeps all password encrypted. So when you enter your password, it encrypts it and compares to the one stored in the database, also encrypted. The problem is that not all passwords got encrypted in the database (about 15 out of 4,000 , don't know why). So it would try to encrypt the password that you enter and compare it with an unencrypted password, which would obviously fail. Also, some of you asked to email you your password and got a blank one back. The reason is that it would try to unencrypt an unencrypted password, and the algorithm produces a blank in such a case.

Long story short, I manually encrypted remaining passwords and it should all be fine now. If you are still having problem, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
admin.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Problems or not, Admin, you've done a fantastic job with this site!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts