Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend took his car in for servicing and left it with the dealer because they didn't have all the parts in stock. They gave him a loaner in the mean time no big deal. Next day he was notified that his car is ready come pick it up, ok kool. Upon arrival they can't find the key. Had him waiting around for a bit still no key. solution they said they will cut him a new key,obviously they paying for it. His car is a none Acura brand (infiniti) but this could have been anyone of us at any dealer or shop etc. I got a little concerned on this for a few reasons. 1. Accidents do happen big or small. yes I would be pissed as hell if i was in his situation and you would be too. 2. I started thinking I wonder if they really accidentally misplaced the key or did a crooked person took it for later plans.
Remember your keys with your paperwork with your ADDRESS, you see where this is going. This kind of things does happen makes the job so much easier gone in 60 seconds. My question to you is, do you think it is a possible option to have the ignition replaces to void any possible future headaches? or that's the end of that situation once the new key is cut?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow that's crazy. The chances of this happening to your friend again are pretty slim. I'd just move on after the new key is cut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts