Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another odd issue that the dealer is not able to solve. Since day one, I have had some lose object (peble, nut, ...) somewhere in the interior which rools around and makes a noise everytime I turn or go up or down a hill. It appears to be coming from underneat the center console or under the driver seat. It must be a hard and fairly large surface that the object rolls on.

I had the dealer check it out and they claim to have vacuumed the center console! Do you know a large tray like area (probably rectangular since it rolls longer side to side compared to shorter roll front to back)?

I looked under the driver seat where the second row seat foot heater comes out of the floor. The carper around it has a hole which a small rock or object can easily fall in. I am just not sure what is in there and if there is a hard plastic duct under there? I am guessing that is what it is (I will make another trip to the dealer). Check your MDX for the carpet and make sure it is not open. The passenger side is fine and has a slightly different shape vent.

Any ideas or similar problems?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The rear AC/blower assembly sits under the center console. There are large(ish) interior compartments in there for air flow. If a nut/bolt were loose in there it might rattle about.

It will be a PITA to get apart. Console, gear shift, drain engine coolant, discharge AC system, etc.

Maybe a screwdriver just under/inside the console?

see what the dealer comes up with...(something other than vacuuming the car) sure sounds wierd

ard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was right! A small rock/peble had rolled into the heating duct under the driver seat where there is a large carpet gap. The vent is flush with the floor so anything on the floor small enough can easily roll in there. To better see it, you need to pull away the plastic cover on the rear-back of the driver seat. I suggest taping the whole shut (if your carpet has the same problem). The passenger side is slightly different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loose object rolling around

I had exactly the same problem. It stopped on its own the other day. I found a green colored screw on the floor of the front passenger side. Have not been able to determine where it came from--but it was obviously the source of the noice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts