Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original headlights are starting to look like **** and my passenger side seems to be getting a little bit of water in it when i get car washes. So I am going to replace the headlights and bulbs. Any idea for some cool ones for my 05 mdx?

Was thinking about getting For 04 06 Acura MDX Replacement Projector Black Headlights AC2518107 AC2519107 | eBay cause I will be tinting my front windows and plasti dipping my rims black and also tinting my taillights. What bulbs should I get with them?

I am open to other headlights as well that give a more modern and fierce look to the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love and want to do pretty much every thing you are doing to my 04 touring. Maybe PM me some pics after you do everything? My headlights were also looking horrible, sometimes at night it was hard to tell whether the lights were on or not. I considered buying new ones but instead got them refurbished by my mechanic. When I was pricing our headlights, I found a website called carid.com that has replacement and even an aftermarket headlight. My advice would be to buy the black housed headlights off carid, buy some sort of protective coating or wrap that will prevent them from hazing again, and install an HID conversion kit, it will be much safer at night and look a hundred times better. I wish I had just replaced mine with the ones from carid.com but instead I got them refurbished, they look brand new though! (I don't know how long that'll last) I wish I knew how to attatch a picture, I'd show you what they look like now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to my mechanic and he put compound on em and buffed em off and they looked brand new, but they started to haze again in like a month or two.

I wanted to get headlights that look like the newer MDXs. They have like 4 little bulbs (http://assets.clickmotive.com/Acura/2014_new_mdx/mdxImg_002c.jpg) like that.

I don't think that's possible though. I even tried looking for something custom and different but no luck with that. I am however going to get the black headlights that you mentioned.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes I wish I could find the jewel eye headlights. I think the style of the blacked headlights is called black housed. Its a nice style that will match the aggresice look that the X will have with tinted windows and black wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts