Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 MDX
7 Posts
Hello, I consider it a great privilege to be amongst acura mdx users and enthusiasts! I look forward to learning and contributing to this mdx forum,
In the meantime, I found this 2011 acura mdx. It has been my dream to own it, and I think I just found a perfect opportunity to make that happen.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:

noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $12,500 and it has 110350 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
View attachment 122332
View attachment 122333
View attachment 122334
View attachment 122335 L
THAT'S THE INTERIOIR I WANTED!! BUT THE MODEL I WENT TO GO SEE HAD 119,000 MILES ON IT AND NO GOODIES TWO OWNERS. THANKING THE GOOD LORD I DIDN'T GET IT BECAUSE THERE WAS ANOTHER A LITTLE CLOSER TO HOME WITH ALL THE GOODIES I WANTED AND ONLY 64,000 MILES ONE OWNER. I WISH YOU BEST AND GREAT DETAILED INSPECTION LIST.

·
Registered
2013 MDX
7 Posts
I bought a used 2011 MDX with 67,000 miles on it with great maintenance history. About 2,000 miles into ownership I got a low oil pressure light. The oil had just been changed at 66,000 miles and it was 3.5 quarts down already. About 1,000 miles later my timing belt jumped a couple of teeth when the tensioner failed. Can't just replace the timing belt and parts until you know you didn't damage the valves so also had to pay for some diagnostic work just to make sure it was worth changing the timing belt and broken parts. It did qualify for Acura MDX Oil Consumption (3 tests of 1000 miles were 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 qts down) and Acura replaced the pistons, etc which did solve the oil consumption problem. Then the suspension went. Front went first. Then the rear. Crazy dealer estimate for repair using OEM parts was $3750 for front and $2600 for the rear. Electronic suspensions are expensive and don't have great longevity. I went with a conversion kit from a third party but that still cost about $2500 with labor and an alignment. The car has been nothing but a money pit. I couldn't even get the OEM parts from the dealer when I finally got tired or clunking around town and bouncing around on the highway so i had to go with the third party.

Now with a "salvage" title in many states you can't legally drive the car until you have proven that it is driveable. What is the process in your state to get the title to rebuilt/restored?

Then there is the issue of trying to get insurance with a "salvage" title.

This will not be a dream it will be a nightmare.
HELLO, I WOULD SAY YOU WERE VERY FORTUNANTE. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT ACURA WAS ONLY TAKING CARE OF THE EXTENDED WRNTY. FOR THE OIL CNSP. UNTIL 2019 ONLY......?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts