Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
thank you for your post. I'm still looking for a 2017 or 2016 MDX I have not changed my mind on that despite all the critics I've read about the transmission. I guess I need to make sure that all the updates were done properly and that the model I will buy won't have any issue. I have looked at all the review videos of the MDX 2016 on the internet and what comes back a lot is the fact that the two screen display is hard to manipulate and is not very intuitive. although all these reviews are talking about the suv's drivability, it's fuel consumption and all the rest, nobody is mentioning anything about speech command. On my current MDX 2005 I use it a lot to control the climate the temperature the radio and I find it to be very practical I can only imagine how better it must be on the 2016model. does anybody any experience or criticism they would like to share on that?
I think the voice commands suck. It takes too many commands to do anything. Especially after my bmw. Drive one a try out the voice commands. That’s the only way to know.

·
Registered
457 Posts
@Hmhugom Really, at this point you're so deep into personal tastes I think it's useless to solicit comments from strangers. Isn't whether or not you can live with it that matters?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very surprise no enough complains about the infotainment, IT SUCKS!!!. try the navigation, go through the process of pressing buttons and by the time you get to pressing destination you had probably wasted about a minute, it is very very slow, but then others will tell you, use your phone, but for a 50k vehicle, this sucks. Oh, and be prepare to spend a lot of money when it comes time to service that transmission.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Very surprise no enough complains about the infotainment, IT SUCKS!!!. try the navigation, go through the process of pressing buttons and by the time you get to pressing destination you had probably wasted about a minute, it is very very slow, but then others will tell you, use your phone, but for a 50k vehicle, this sucks. Oh, and be prepare to spend a lot of money when it comes time to service that transmission.
You haven’t read the posts on here. We complain about the infotainment system all the time. Going back to 2014.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's not bad once you get used to it. On a daily basis I maybe only touch the screen twice, and that's only to adjust the fan speed (which there should be a physical button for). As soon as I get in, my phone connects and continues playing Spotify where the music last left off. If I want to switch to radio I use the source button on the steering wheel and I can scroll through my presets with my thumb, never even looking at the screen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok mdxers, i found a good deal on an mdx 2015 with all the bells and wistles, it as low milage and is in good shape. Can anyone give me information on the transmission? I know its a diferrent transmission than the 2016 + models. Any know issues?
Thank you all for any feedback.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ok mdxers, i found a good deal on an mdx 2015 with all the bells and wistles, it as low milage and is in good shape. Can anyone give me information on the transmission? I know its a diferrent transmission than the 2016 + models. Any know issues?
I have a 15 tech model, so far I haven't experience anything like it shifts to neutral on its own, but it is jerky in low gears and low speed, it's either going light on gas or floor it on this car, this way to get rid of jerkiness or reduce it.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ok mdxers, i found a good deal on an mdx 2015 with all the bells and wistles, it as low milage and is in good shape. Can anyone give me information on the transmission? I know its a different transmission than the 2016 + models. Any know issues?

The 14/15 MDXs used the 6AT from the previous Gen 10-13 MDXs (I have a 11 MDX with +140,000 miles). I found the 6AT in my 11 MDX to be extremely reliable, no shifting issues, only fluid changes, pretty good acceleration for a +4500lbs vehicle, and hwy mpgs meets or exceeds EPA. You will probably have the same results with the 14/15 MDX with the 6AT with the advantages of improved mpgs (6AT is EPA rated 1 mpg higher than the 9AT on the hwy), very reliable, responsive paddle shifts, predictable behavior, and improve acceleration over the 2nd Gen MDX. The +16 MDX 9AT has a faster 0-60 times because of the extra gears; but, slower downshift in auto/manual mode because it has to drop down 2-4 gears compared to 1-2 gears in the 6AT for max passing speed.

I was looking for a 15 MDX Adv sh-awd as my 1st choice to replace my 08 RDX. I just couldn't find one in the color combo I wanted (fathom blue pearl). Just went for the sport hybrid in the same color combo instead.

I would try and go for the sh-awd if you can. There shouldn't be that much of a price difference with sh-awd in the used market. The sh-awd MDX will handle better, tow up to 5000lbs, drive like a smaller vehicle, you can use sh-awd all 4 seasons, and you will only take a 1 mpg hit compared to the fwd model. The only extra maint with sh-awd is the transfer case and rear diff every 30k-60k depending on driving habits.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
31 4 h ago
elvisfan said:
You haven’t read the posts on here. We complain about the infotainment system all the time. Going back to 2014.
There are posts but i was specifically saying about this thread.
The point I was trying to make was that the infotainment system has been talked about for years. There is no reason to rehash the same stuff every time someone brings up the infotainment system.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts