Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking for a towing package for a 2019 MDX Hybrid. I just want to be able to use my bike rack which mounts on a standard hitch.

Any thoughts on what worked what did not work? I would love to use the standard OEM hitch but I was told that will not fit due to exhaust.

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
406 Posts
If Acura does not yet offer one then your best bet is to get with a local trailer specialty shop that would be willing to help you with a custom hitch if necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if they would start with one that is made for a standard MDX and modify it to work with the hybrid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the dealer yesterday. They informed the standard hitch would fit. So is. Going to order one off of amazon and try it .

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did your installation go? I am considering the same thing, for bikes also, though I only have roof racks from my previous vehicle, not a hitch rack. The Acura roof rail installation is pretty simple and they are available on Amazon too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compl

Just closing this thread out. I bought a Acura OEM Trailer Hitch from Curry using Amazon (search Amazon for: Acura 2017-2019 MDX TRAILER HITCH AND HARNESS KIT(NON A-SPEC) it worked perfect on my Hybrid.

It came with everything needed (instructions, bolts, zip ties, harness, hitch, trailer hitch, pin). It took me a little over an hour to install it myself. The hardest part was hold up the hitch while I screwed in the bolts. You will need the following tools do this your self: Pliers, 19MM Socket, 10MM socket and razer blade knife.

The only gotcha I had was the special clips that hold on the bumper to the vehicle bracket. You need to use pliers and pinch the indents at the top and then you can pull the insert down. I have never seen a clip like this before so it took me a good 5 minutes taking pictures of it from the top to see how it works.

rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Completed Install Of OEM Hitch on 2019 Hybrid

Just closing this thread out. I bought a Acura OEM Trailer Hitch from Curry using Amazon (Search Amazon for: Acura 2017-2019 MDX TRAILER HITCH AND HARNESS KIT(NON A-SPEC) ) it worked perfect on my Hybrid. It came with everything needed (instructions, bolts, zip ties, harness, hitch, trailer hitch, pin). It took me a little over an hour to install it myself. The hardest part was hold up the hitch while I screwed in the bolts. You will need the following to do this your self: Pliers, 19MM Socket, 10MM socket and razer blade knife.

The only gotcha I had was the special clips that hold on the bumper to the vehicle bracket. You need to use pliers and pinch the indents at the top and then you can pull the insert down. I have never seen a clip like this before so it took me a good 5 minutes taking pictures of it from the top to see how it works. I put a picture for the next person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
ameliaharry654
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing