Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for rear mud guards for some time now... and cannot find any good websites. They all seem to be prowling for any car parts searchers and then entice me, after many clicks through their maze, into an empty room. No parts. Any good ideas?

Thanks.

Also... what kind of warranty is available for my 2001 with over 85000 (mint condition, runs like a top)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tempstephan:

___Contact Tim at www.Hondacuraworld.com for your accessories. He just can’t be beat!

___For the warranty, I believe it was a McDavid Acura employee that was passing out a decent price on an extended warranty. Just follow up the warranty threads using the search function and you will find all kinds of possibilities although after that kind of mileage, I don’t think there is anything for you …

___How was that for 2 minutes worth of wait ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
:werd: on Tim @ hondacuraworld. We all buy from him. Best prices & service you'll find on all the gear.

85k ?!?!? Is that miles or klicks? If miles - HOLY COW!

If you're past the factory warranty on the X, I don't think you can get the Acuracare extended (you need to still be in warranty). You might be able to do an aftermarket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys for the prompt postings. I had heard of this *Tim* fellow, but hadn't seen a working URL for him.

Yup. That'd be 85,000 MILES. Funny thing, too, is that I bought it at 84,000. I am new the SUV world, so I did a lot of test driving. NOTHING approached the drive of the MDX. The miles were high, but I had it checked out at a different garage. Immaculate. I was able to get it for $6,400. under Kelly Blue book.

Anyone know about after market warranties? Where to go?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tempstephan,

I bought a couple of items w/ Tim @ hondacuraworld. Their advertised price seems to be good. However, the parts are used or
returned items. I went to my local Acura dealer and compared my two orders because my orders didn't seem right. I noticed that I wasn't getting new parts.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tempstephan:

___I think you will find all you need at a price that is hard to beat from Tim. Don’t forget that his prices include shipping for an even better overall value.

___KBB showed an 01 Touring at retail w/ 85k miles going for $26,500 in my area code. You purchased it for ~ 20K than? Just curious given those miles are way up there? At least you can guarantee that they were highway miles.

___MDXsandiego, I can’t prove your story one way or the other but I truly doubt you received used parts from Tim. He does ship from a true Acura dealer. There are not enough used/returned accessories in the country over an entire year to fill even a days worth of his shipments!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
mdxsandiego said:
Tempstephan,

I bought a couple of items w/ Tim @ hondacuraworld. Their advertised price seems to be good. However, the parts are used or
returned items. I went to my local Acura dealer and compared my two orders because my orders didn't seem right. I noticed that I wasn't getting new parts.
I'm not sure what to say.....believe me when I tell you that there aren't enough used parts in the world to fill all of the orders I process each day (40-100 packages each day). If something arrived to you in less than perfect condition, please contact me and I will replace the items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KBB is 26,500 in my area too... hmmm

It seems to have changed in the last month since I purchased it. I would have sworn that I saw $29,500. somewhere. And I remember looking at it several times. Anyway, since you asked, I paid $23,500 from a dealer. Seems a low price anyway for such a high privilege.

I also ordered the mud guards from ol' Tim. About $50 bucks. It was recommended by a straightshootin mechanic who works on these. Said that snow, ice, and salt (MN weather) easily gets up into the back well and starts problems.

Is the navigation system an aftermarket option somewhere? Anybody ever get experimental with their own GPS and the screen?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dunno guys,

I got brand new parts and accessories thru an Acura dealer in GA that I believe is just starting to tap internet sales. For my >$40K '03 X, I wanted nothing less than brand new genuine parts.

Here's an example of the pricing:

Wood Trim Panel $105.00
Burl Shift Knob $85.00
All Season Mats $87.50
Gold Emblem Kit $96.25
Gold Inner Grille $90.00
Gold Exhaust Finisher $86.26
Cargo Cover $100

$20 to ship the whole lot via FedEx....Arrived MINT in PA in 2 days.
Installed everything in about 2 1/2 hours

'03 X RRPearl with above + Wood Wheel Tour/NAV
Acquired Jan 16 '03 (ordered Aug 02)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Robknecht:

___It looks like you overpaid a small amount by my calculations? Here is a list of Tim’s prices for the same accessories (that are also brand new genuine Acura accessories) listed below …

Wood Trim Kit: $99.00 shipped – you lost $6.00
Burlwood Shift Knob: $88.40 shipped – you gained $3.40
All Season Mats: $91.00 shipped – you gained $3.50
Gold Emblem Kit: $110.10 shipped – you gained $13.85
Gold Inner Grille: $93.60 shipped – you gained $3.60
Gold Exhaust Finisher: $76.70 shipped – you lost $9.56
Cargo Cover: $109.00 shipped – you gained $9.00

and with your $20.00 to have the accessories shipped, your ~ $3 + bucks behind … The money doesn’t matter since they are so close but with Tim, you get a number of other advantages as well … Even better discounts when he allows a Group Buy, order a single item and still receive free shipping, call Ray Laks (Hondacuraworld) and you speak with Tim directly more often than not, see his accessory prices and most products on the web without much more than a click of the mouse, and the number 1 reason to consider Hondacuraworld is that Tim’s MDX accessory sales help support the AcuraMDX.org site.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the prices are about the same. This was my first online buy for any new auto accessories and I just felt more comfortable with a Dealer, ensuring all the parts (like '02 vs. '03 plood and Tan vs. Dark Saddle Wheel matches) were correct.

Besides, I called to have instructions faxed to me for installing the Gold Inner Grille (who would have thought the entire front clip would have to come off!!:( ) and they not only faxed them, but a service tech immediately called and hung out on speakerphone for about 45 minutes until I got the new one on! I guess you could consider that $75/hour * 3/4 hour = $56.25.

Anyways, I ordered before I stumbled upon this forum. From what I've read, it sounds like I'd get pretty good treatment from Tim also. I will certainly consider ordering future parts (like a FormFit deflector:D) from him.

Cheers!

Rob

'03 X RRPearl Tour/Nav w/goodies
Acquired Jan 16 '03 (ordered Aug 02)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't know if the local dealer is feeling the internet pinch, but I have gotten a few accessories from my local dealer at the same or lower price than Tim's price, but of course I have to pay sales tax!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in PA and he's in GA, so I paid no tax. He told me they were trying to get rid of '01/'02 parts that hadn't moved over eBay. Here, a flood of emails started coming through asking if he could get other stuff, so he just went with it.

It was a great experience, and everything I bought arrived in original Acura fully labeled boxes. Brand new, safely wrapped, never opened/repackaged. I am so anal when it come to this stuff! :eek:

Hey, nothing wrong with having more than one source or opinion. Keeps these guys on thier toes and get us all a good deal !! :2:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
robknecht said:
... I just felt more comfortable with a Dealer...called to have instructions faxed to me ...
FYI, so there's no misunderstanding, Tim *is* an Acura & Honda dealer (Ray Laks), and has instructions available on his site in PDF format.

Glad you found a good deal that you're happy with.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Plus free shipping

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
and the best customer service I have ever encountered!!!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Tempstephan said:

......... for my 2001 with over 85000 (mint condition, runs like a top)
85000 miles may be a record for this site. I can not recall anyone else here with that many miles.

You said in another post that you bought your MDX with 84000 miles so I assume you are the 2nd owner. Were you provided with any information on previous maintenance or service? I know a lot of us here will be interested in things like tire or brake replacements and at what mileage.

Keep us informed as you put on more miles on your X. A lot of members here plan on keeping theirs for years and your input with high mileage nad how the MDX is doing will be appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts