Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't seen any instructions here for the GEX but I have seen it discussed quite a bit at acura-tl.com. There is a thread in the Audio/Video section called Possible Video/Navi Alternative or something similar (use the search function for GEX in that forum). If you make it work, please report back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acura-tl.com

I checked there ( acura-tl) no instructions(just talking), tried to PM 2 members
no answer, emails unanswered :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
This thread might be what you are looking for (and a link to another thread on clublexus.com).
GEX at acura-tl.com

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
bef said:
Has anyone considered the Viewsonic?
https://store.viewsonic.com/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?section=10008&item=40866

I remember reading about the "video on my navi" in the TL forum a few years ago but the Pioneer unit that was used is no longer in production.

The Viewsonic is currently $99 which is much less than the $400 MSRP for the Pioneer.

Anyone try this?
Based on these specs provided: RCA video input and RGB output through a 15 pin mini-D sub connector and pass through, with selectable screen resolutions.

Can anybody think of any reason why I could'nt use this as a TV Tuner and composite to RGB signal converter for the Navi screen on my '01 Touring/Navi?

TV TUNER MODULE
ANTENNA/CABLE (RF)
Tuner: FI1236MK2 (North America)
Freq Range: 55.25-801.25 MHz
Numbers of Channels:
2-69 off air
2-125 NTSC cable
INPUT SIGNAL Type:
RF, S-Video, Composite (RCA), RGB Pass-Through
3.5 mm Mini Stereo Audio In, and RCA (Left/Right)
Audio In
VIDEO OUTPUT
Bit Performance:
24-Bit RGB 700mV±10%
(Excluding RGB Pass-Through)
OUTPUT MODE
Resolution Refresh rate:
640 x 480 @ 60Hz
640 x 480 @ 75Hz
800 x 600 @ 60Hz
800 x 600 @ 75Hz
852 x 480 @ 60Hz
1024 x 768 @ 60Hz/75sHz
POWER
Power Adapter
Input: 120 Vac, 60Hz
Output: 12 VDC, 1.2 A
Type Power Adapter
CONNECTOR Signal: F connector for RF, 3.5mm Mini Stereo Jack for Audio In
and Audio Out. RCA left/right for Audio In, S- Video,
Composite (RCA), 15-pin Mini D-Sub for RGB Input and
RGB Output
Power: DC-In Jack

Its got a remote as well to control TV channels and input source.

These people are 15 minutes from my house and the manufacture sells direct through their outlet.

Do I need to care about the screen resolutions being compatible with the resolution and signal frequency of the Navi screen? How about the screen dimensional proportions (H x W) and resolution options?

Thanks for any comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The GEX-P7000TV is great. I have one and it saved me lots of dough. Only thing is the modification is very tricky for someone not familiar with wire diagrams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts