Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a 2003 MDX base model with no options at MSRP. Need advice to where is an honest and straightforward dealership who will take deposit for ordering at MSRP. Willing to travel anywhere in the Bay Area.

Called 800 number of Acura and was told that the 2003 will be out tentatively on Sept. 30.

I've got different response from dealers that I've visited and even forced me to buy the 2002 MDX. I guess they wanted to sell their inventory of MDXs'.

I've got bad experiences with two dealerships and don't want to waste my time with arrogant dealers.

Please give advice and when will the 2003 will be out. Thanks':2:

Great website and I'm glad to join this membership. My wife and I am excited to have our MDX soon.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Would be interested to know which ones you already tried. Hopkins in Redwood City is a choice dealership.
Very honest.
Their allocations 'appear' to be smaller than others.
Niello in Sacramento is highly rated by many, and may be worth the extra distance.
Sunnyvale, Los Gatos (good for service), Stevens Creek like to load up with over-priced option packages you have to buy. Same goes for Oakland.
I've heard good & bad about Pleasanton and Serramonte. Did you read the dealer's ratings on here?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Try Acura of Modesto well worth the drive IMHO. I made the drive from the east bay I said hi to the Pirates in Pleasanton:30: on my way through

·
Registered
180 Posts
Try Serramonte Acura in Daly City. Good buying experience and paid MSRP with options at cost. Wait was about 6 weeks. See Dave Arata.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks' for all your input.

I've dealt with 3 dealers in the Bay Area.
I had a bad teatment with Marin Acura, very arrogant dealers. Though they were taking deposits for 2003, they have this company policy of having those forced options with the order. My wife & I spent more time to drive accross Golden Gate Bridge to get to this dealership than spending time in their office with this profit hungry dealers. Would never recommend Marin Acura to anyone.

Sunnyvale Acura was very helpful but we were also given the forced options and as our way out of their dealership we were told that "maybe this is not your car". What an arrogant and prejudice dealer they are!:3:

Mike Harvey have impressive sales advisers but don't take orders for 2003. Forced us to buy their 2002. I guess they are trying to clean up their inventory before getting 2003 orders.

Well, I'll try Hopkins & Niello bec. of the good reviews and recommendations. Thanks' again.:2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of your infos.. My wife and I was able to order a 2003 Touring with the help of Michael Andrews of Hopkins. This is the only dealer that we felt very comfortable and no stress chosing our car. It is fine with us to wait, thought Michael told us that there is a possibility that we might get our X' by mid Oct. if things went fine with the production. We really valued Hopkin's honesty & integrity. The most important part also is the experience of enjoying shopping for your car. I hope the rest of the dealerships around here would put this first and give true satisfaction to their customers. Can't wait to drive our X'! Would probably get more advise and shared ideas on accessories soon. :2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts