Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New here having serious motor problems. Seems like only cylinders 1, 2, and 3 are firing. With multiple check lights and engine light on, And misfire codes. Checked battery alternator EGR vacuum leaks and did the best valve adjustment I could. With every check and adjustment I would disconnect the battery, reconnect, start the car and it would run well for a bit and then revert back to running terribly with multiple lights. I’m not in a good position right now financially with Christmas coming up to incur a huge repair bill. Wondering if anybody knows of a good mechanic in the Worcester Massachusetts area that wouldn’t kill me on price. Dealership said valve adjustment and new plugs would fix the problem but it seems it hasn’t.. Thanks in advance. Mark

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm in another state so can't help you with that but, Honda dealerships will be very familiar with the engines and Acura and Honda share most of the parts and Honda dealers are usually cheaper then Acura. I would recommend calling up your local Honda dealer to compare prices for that work and compare with good independent shops and see what's best for you...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts