Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an AUX input adapter from Ron at Streeteffectz and it works so well that I want to add more components to it. I currently have it plugged into a Farenheit AVIR-3 audio/video switcher. The AVIR-3 has 4 A/V inputs which are just about full with 2 DVD players, an Archos 20 Gig Multimedia Jukebox/Recorder, and a future PS/2.

I am considering XM radio, a Pioneer GEX-FM903XM, with a Blitzsafe universal adapter:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/blitz_xm/blitz_xminstallnotes/inst_uaixm_piov1/inst_uaixm_piov1.html

Additionally, I would like to be able to add a review camera in the future, so I need to free up one of the A/V inputs on the AVIR-3.

Therefore, to keep it as simple as possible, I am looking for an audio RCA L/R switcher with three inputs (AVIR-3 in, Archos Jukebox in, and XM adapter in) and a single RCA L/R out to the AUX adapter from Ron.

I have looked at Radio Shack, Best Buy etc. with limited success. They have Audio and Video switchers, but I am looking for something cleaner with at least three inputs.

Anyone have any good ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
How do you like the AVIR-3? I was thinking about using it in my wifes VW Passat but I went with the Pioneer CD-VS33 because it had 2 headphone outputs. As far as the delema you are in the only thing I can think of right now is that I remember seeing an Audiovox a/v switcher that had 5 inputs and 4 video outputs if I am not mistaken. I will surf the web and see if I can't find it again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The model is SDB45, but it won't be of any help to you because it has only 4 inputs and 5 outputs. They say that memory is the first thing to go in old age:rolleyes: This might be an a/v switcher I would consider for my MDX just because it has headphone outputs. I hate dealing with recharging batteries for wireless headphones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts