Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Don't buy any aftermarket wiper blades.

I tried many, including the most expensive Bosch ones that everyone recommends. They are good for several weeks only and then start to streak.

Over the period of 8 years I've tried a lot of different wiper blades only to realize that the OEM ones work best and longest. Plus you don't need the wipers themselves: you can buy just the rubber blades for $15 per the entire set and swap them yourself.

Here's how:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for a good after market wiper blades. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PIAA silicone blades! Expensive but they last for years. I have a 2011 MDX, since June of 2011 ive had 3 sets of blades, the OEM ones which went bad very quickly, then two sets of PIAA's. Im still on my second set now, they still work great, streak free with no noise. It comes with a wipe, you wipe the glass with. The water still beads off my windscreen and it was applied a couple of years ago. Through NJ winters/summers etc. I recommend them to anyone, worth every cent. (MDX is garaged so maybe that helps too).

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't buy any aftermarket wiper blades.

I tried many, including the most expensive Bosch ones that everyone recommends. They are good for several weeks only and then start to streak.

Over the period of 8 years I've tried a lot of different wiper blades only to realize that the OEM ones work best and longest. Plus you don't need the wipers themselves: you can buy just the rubber blades for $15 per the entire set and swap them yourself.

Here's how:
Probably go with the OEM like you said. $38 for the set from curry Acura. Try to cancel rainx beam order from amazon $32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
been using bosch for years work great
Bosch ICON for me since 2014. I like the aerodynamic design just like my TSX and RDX. The OEM brand made a whistling sound at hwy speeds on the passenger side. I also didn't like when water would sometimes spray up on the down stroke with the OEM blades at hwy speeds.

Ended up switching out to Bosch ICON on my 06 TSX and 08 RDX since they worked so well on my 11 MDX.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've used Bosch Icon's and Trico's on MDX with alright results; OEM with the replaceable rubber is the best deal.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The El Cheapo Michelin brand $5.99 ea. at Costco (about $10 ea Walmart) works better than all those premium blades. The blades are actually looked just like oem. They don't leave streaks or lift up resulting miss spot.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the OEM blades for 3 seasons. But, in winter, the metal frames get full of ice and don't work well at all. I switch to the beam types blades to get me through the winter. I've tried PIAA, Bosch and Canadian Tire's home brand. I don't see a lot of difference among them, other than price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
PIAA silicone blades! Expensive but they last for years. I have a 2011 MDX, since June of 2011 ive had 3 sets of blades, the OEM ones which went bad very quickly, then two sets of PIAA's. Im still on my second set now, they still work great, streak free with no noise. It comes with a wipe, you wipe the glass with. The water still beads off my windscreen and it was applied a couple of years ago. Through NJ winters/summers etc. I recommend them to anyone, worth every cent. (MDX is garaged so maybe that helps too).
I agree, can’t go wrong with PIAAs. They last for years & work well with Rain X.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts