Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless a person is very wasteful with money, most would have more than 10K miles on it within a year anyway and most wouldn't get rid of a vehicle after just a year due to miles of 12K. Most vehicles still seem new and have a long ways to go even after 3yr/36K miles, and 5yr/60K miles and my 2014 still feels new to me after 8yr/74K miles. This means when looking for a used vehicle getting something with 30k-50k miles would still feel and behave pretty much like a new car.

More important is whether there's any factory warranty left on the vehicle. It's reassuring and sometimes handy to have at least a year of bumper to bumper warranty left on a vehicle in case something silly happens to it and even more reassuring to have a powertrain warranty still - without having to buy an extra extended warranty which I'd never do. The last time I checked Acura has 4yr/50K bumper to bumper and 6yr/70K power train warranties as standard.
I made the suggestion of 10k because that's the amount most leases are quoted at. So if the vehicle was a lease trade in, you can have an idea of the mileage put on it. The "average" is 12k per year according to carfax. I'm not suggesting that an MDX can't survive extra miles per year. It's just a way i used to judge the value of a used MDX in comparison to the price being asked.

The warranty was the most important part for me. CPO would be best as it adds to the original warranty from date of purchase. But remaining factory warranty is good too as it gives you a way of fixing any issues that may arise with your new used vehicle. Any MDX that's 2019 or 2020 should still have factory warranty unless the previous owner put a lot of miles on it. I did see a 2019 hybrid advance CPO with 44k miles on it. Even though I was able to negotiate the price down to $38.8k, i still felt it was too expensive for the mileage.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I would widen my search to coast-to-coast and start with your first color combo and trim level with CPO and low mileage. You might be surprised what you will find. I'm usually 17,000-20,000 miles per year on my vehicles; but, the pandemic has limited me down to 5,000-7,000 in 2020. I'm at 21,000 miles on my 19 hybrid after 27 months of ownership compared to +43,000 miles for the same 27 months in my 11 MDX when I first purchased it used with 30,000 miles back in 2014. You should find some used/CPO hybrid in the mileage you want.

I was looking for an used/CPO 18-19 RLX hybrid back in Nov/2019 in a 1-2 state radius from NM. Prices were in the mid-upper 40s and mileage was in the 20k-35k range AND none in the color combo of red/ebony. Decide to widen the search to coast-to-coast and found a 18 CPO RLX hybrid with 7200 miles for $41,499 at an Acura dealership near Sacramento, CA. It was a no haggle pricing dealership; but, this RLX was $3500 cheaper and 20,000 less miles from my second choice of a non-CPO blue/graystone RLX near Kansas City. The wife and I only had to take Friday off, fly one-way to San Jose, one-way car rental to Roseville, CA, sign-n-drive, and had overnigh stays and a mini vacation in Reno and Las Vegas on the 1000 road-trip back home.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,062 Posts
I know some dealers down here in FL will put super low mileage vehicles for super low price. All 1-owner, no accidents and clean title. How I look for low mileage is if the PO didn't drive more than 12k miles per year.

I would widen my search to coast-to-coast and start with your first color combo and trim level with CPO and low mileage. You might be surprised what you will find. I'm usually 17,000-20,000 miles per year on my vehicles; but, the pandemic has limited me down to 5,000-7,000 in 2020. I'm at 21,000 miles on my 19 hybrid after 27 months of ownership compared to +43,000 miles for the same 27 months in my 11 MDX when I first purchased it used with 30,000 miles back in 2014. You should find some used/CPO hybrid in the mileage you want.

I was looking for an used/CPO 18-19 RLX hybrid back in Nov/2019 in a 1-2 state radius from NM. Prices were in the mid-upper 40s and mileage was in the 20k-35k range AND none in the color combo of red/ebony. Decide to widen the search to coast-to-coast and found a 18 CPO RLX hybrid with 7200 miles for $41,499 at an Acura dealership near Sacramento, CA. It was a no haggle pricing dealership; but, this RLX was $3500 cheaper and 20,000 less miles from my second choice of a non-CPO blue/graystone RLX near Kansas City. The wife and I only had to take Friday off, fly one-way to San Jose, one-way car rental to Roseville, CA, sign-n-drive, and had overnigh stays and a mini vacation in Reno and Las Vegas on the 1000 road-trip back home.
Oh god, 2020 was a unique year. I'm pretty sure everyone's mileage dropped significantly. I swear my MDX would have 70k-80k miles right now if 2020 was a normal year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2020 Advance SH-AWD with bench seat and entertainment package. There aren’t a lot of them out there, but it’s what we wanted!

Had two salespeople tell me it didn’t exist until I proved them wrong.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts