Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and we own a 2016 MDX SH AWD.
Is there a way to exit the MDX with the engine running and air going and have the doors locked? My wife travels with her dog and wants to leave her in the car while she goes in to the post office and makes short stops. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, I just did it today. You can't use the lock switch 'button' on the door to lock, that won't work because the door is open, but if you manually flip the switch near the handle area, it will lock all 4 doors. MAKE SURE you have your key with you because the only way to unlock it, is to use the metal key in the fob to open the driver side door.

Extra note:
For those with remote engine start, which I also have, you can start the car with your key. I then was able to unlock doors by touching handle and then locking doors back with button on outside door handle(I had forgot something so had to run back inside) as long as you haven't gone inside and actually fully start the car(depressing brake pedal and pushing start button).

I never understood some manufacturer like lexus where you can remote start the car, but as soon as you open the door, the engine shuts off. Then you would have to start it up again, it could be a safety issue, but I like the way Acura works now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts