Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It takes me very long time (2-3 weeks) to find a perfect comfortable seating position.
When I finally do find it, it takes one trip to a car wash or dealer or valet parking and they Always screw it up by moving the driver seat. I am so sick of that.

The memory seat dont' work at all, they are returning seat to "so so" last position (not accurate at all and every inch counts), so the memory seat button completely useless.

I thought of an idea to take out the fuse for the driver seat next time i'll find a comfortable position, so nobody can change it again.

What are your guys thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had no problems with the memory seats. It always return to my preset when I open the door or press the 1 button. There's just this one time that the steering column did not adjust accordingly when I started the car but it only happened once so far in my 2 year of ownership.

Are you sure you are saving/setting your preferred position including the memory? If yes, then you should go to the dealer to have it checked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
so nobody can change it again
That's not a good idea. If you hand the vehicle over to someone else to drive, as you do when you take it to a car wash, valet, dealer, etc., they 'need' to adjust the seat to a position that fits them or else they could potentially lose control of the vehicle driving it. The person you hand it to could be more than a foot difference in height than you and have different proportions.

A better idea - don't hand your car to a valet (I 'never' do this - that's asking for problems), wash your car yourself rather than taking it to a car wash (not always practical in a very urban environment), do routine maintenance like oil and filter changes yourself minimizing the times a dealer needs to drive it, and overall try to minimize you put the vehicle in a situation where the seat needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I had no problems with the memory seats. It always return to my preset when I open the door or press the 1 button. There's just this one time that the steering column did not adjust accordingly when I started the car but it only happened once so far in my 2 year of ownership.

Are you sure you are saving/setting your preferred position including the memory? If yes, then you should go to the dealer to have it checked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree,check the manual to save the position you want.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi everyone,

It takes me very long time (2-3 weeks) to find a perfect comfortable seating position.
When I finally do find it, it takes one trip to a car wash or dealer or valet parking and they Always screw it up by moving the driver seat. I am so sick of that.

The memory seat dont' work at all, they are returning seat to "so so" last position (not accurate at all and every inch counts), so the memory seat button completely useless.

I thought of an idea to take out the fuse for the driver seat next time i'll find a comfortable position, so nobody can change it again.

What are your guys thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure how that's possible. They either return to the exact position you set them to, or to a position that someone else set them to, there isn't a third (close enough) option. I suggest you read your manual on how to properly set your seats and link them to your remote or if that doesn't work then take it to a dealer to be diagnosed.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Are you the only driver? Maybe set both driver 1 and 2 to your desired settings. Then you just have to press 1 and/or 2 to get it back to the original position. Worth a try compare to pulling fuse. I doubt memory seat fuse only does that (seat belt warning, lumbar, cooled seats, seat side air bags, seat belt CMBS pre-tensioners?). My 11 MDX doesn't put my seat back 100% after a while. I have to make small adjustments 1 or 2 times a month and re-save.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 11 MDX doesn't put my seat back 100% after a while. I have to make small adjustments 1 or 2 times a month and re-save.

that is exactly what's happening. It doesn't return seat to 100% same position.
It need adjustments, but even a very very small adjustment throws me off completely and I have to start from scratch again.

and with time the memory button getting more and more inaccurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts