Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the location of the knock sensor on my 2003 MDX. I want to check the wiring harness (prone to chewing by mice) before I go any further. I have a P0325 error code.

Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
jdimart said:
Hi all.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the location of the knock sensor on my 2003 MDX. I want to check the wiring harness (prone to chewing by mice) before I go any further. I have a P0325 error code.

Thanks.

It's under the intake manifold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize it's under the manifold, but where? Left, middle right...?

If there is any way of getting to the wire harness without having to remove the manifold and fuel rails? Remove the PS pump?

Actually the car has two knock sensors, the bad one is in bank 1 if that helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh sorry. The answer is no. You have to remove all the things mentioned.

·
Registered
745 Posts
According to the 2003-4 Service Manual, in order to remove the knock sensor, you must first remove the intake manifold, then the injector rails and base. No mention is made of removing the PS pump, even in the section describing the removal of the intake manifold.

BTW- The service manual only lists one knock sensor for the entire PGM-FI system. (Retorque to 31 N.m/3.2 kgf.m/23 lbf.ft)

The Electrical Troubling Shooting Manual shows the sensor located between the fuel injectors for the #4 and #5 cylinder. The connector is colored brown with only one wire running to it, colored red with a blue tracer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A mouse did it

Thank you highcountrymdx. Your information was extremely helpful. I was able to fish out the red w/ blue stripe wire and sure enough the soy-based wrap, insulation and copper wire had been chewed through.

I was hoping to get lucky and be able to reach the other end to make a splice, but I can't see it, even with a dentist's mirror.

I noticed a number of other locations in the engine compartment where wire wrap was partially chewed.

This is clearly a product defect that Acura should have addressed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all.

Thanks.
its in between the two heads closer to the one closest to radiator towards the power steering pump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts