Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just wanted to see if anyone has run into similar problems:

We bought several accessories from Tim a couple of months ago (and are planning to buy more with the upcoming sale :) )
We used our cargo liner for the 1st time with our trip in late July->early August and part of the "apron" that protects the tailgate ripped with the tension on it.

So, I called Tim and he said that the local dealer should take care of it otherwise if they gave me hassle, he would.

Well, Scottsdale Acura gave my wife hassle about the fact that we "bought it on the internet and that's why you shouldn't buy things on the internet". They also tried to claim that he wasn't a dealer, but then we informed them that he was with Ray Laks. Anyway, they decided to file paperwork with American Honda to verify that they could take it back, and we had to come back a few days later to swap it out.

Now...it did get done and everything was OK overall except we had to go back up there (15-20 miles from us) and waste our time. Also, we didn't like their attitude considering it was CLEARLY labeled as an Acura accessory and that it doesn't cost them anything to swap it out. They could have given us a new one and then taken it up with American Honda themselves. I understand they may have been burned before, but sometimes customer service should come first, right?

Am I overreacting to this, or have others had similar experiences? To me, it just reinforces the fact that I WILL buy over the internet and especially from Tim!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sonshine--I'm with you, man. Both the dealers in my area look at me spitefully when I mention that accessories are from Tim. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I mention how much of a better deal he offers! :D

In my experience, my local dealers like to wield the little power they have as the only Acura dealers in the area. Seems to me this is just another way for them to give people a hard time--it's obviously a genuine Acura part, so why the hassle? I'll tell you why--$$!

Rob:31:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I neither purchased my X nor the accessories from my local dealer. They've fixed both under warranty without question or comment.

The service guys don't even seem to know where or when the accessories were obtained. And I don't think they really care, either. They're getting paid the same by Acura either way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts