Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Acura OBLIGED to provide you a loaner when your X is in for warranty work? My salesman said that they always provide a loaner during warranty work, but I don't have it from him in written. SHould I? Anybody here who DOESN'T get a loaner during warranty work (scheduled maintenance is a different matter)?

Its strange, this thought question never even entered my mind with my mercedes - they ALWAYS provide a loaner, usually a mercedes, even for oil changes.

BTW, I am waiting for a 03, silver touring w Nav.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
usually it's first come first serve, and whatever is available. When I make a appointment, by phone I stick to one service advisor. Try to stick with head guy. Anyway when you make a appointment make sure you ask for a loaner. Sometimes you cans specify if you need a large car,etc. You must ask or they will assume you will drop it off or wait for it. When you take it in make sure its the day the advisor who made the appoinment is working so you can hold them to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was able to get a loaner car while my X was in for the recall work but I also found out that not all dealers participate in the free loaner car program. The first dealer that I called regarding the recall work said that they do not offer a loaner car program.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I would DEFINATELY grill the dealer about TLC!!!

This seems like yet another area that the Acura stores are kinda like "wild cowboys" and the factory does LITTLE to reign 'em in!

You'd think there'd be something about the details of TLC on the Acura website, but all I found was individual dealers spouting off:

http://www.acurapeabody.com/sales/new/acuracare.html

http://www.timsmithacura.com/html/difference.html

http://acura.niello.com/tlc

CONTRAST this to the "no BS" on the Lexus website:

http://www.lexus.com/showroom/protection/transportation.html

"If your vehicle is required to stay overnight at the dealership service department because of a warranty-covered condition requiring over eight hours to repair, Lexus will provide you with a loaner vehicle for up to five days. "

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT!!!!

They also POST the extended warranty pricing -- not that it's any bargin, but at least there is NO B.S. !!!

http://www.lexus.com/showroom/protection/platinum.html#pricing

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
somebody here had posted some time back that Acura requires dealers to provide loaners for warranty work - its part of the warranty (the loaner). Is that true?

If it isn't true, then is it critical to get it in written from the dealership? I have a hard time trusting car salesman, and you cannot blame me for it.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Yes I was always offered one if I wanted. Never had a problem at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just had my MDX serviced today (45K service, peeling center wheel cap replacement, and SRS Light check). I didn't ask for a loaner car, but they offered, so I humbly accepted. Drop off was 7:30 AM and I picked up the MDX at 2:30 PM (and they did a pretty good job washing the outside and vacuuming the inside).

The loaner car was a nice Acura CL (it's as long as the MDX!).

Great Service in Mission Viejo, CA! :)

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
MDX350 said:
somebody here had posted some time back that Acura requires dealers to provide loaners for warranty work - its part of the warranty (the loaner). Is that true? ...
Good Question! I can't find the answer quickly. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
MDX350 said:
Is Acura OBLIGED to provide you a loaner when your X is in for warranty work? My salesman said that they always provide a loaner during warranty work, but I don't have it from him in written. SHould I? Anybody here who DOESN'T get a loaner during warranty work (scheduled maintenance is a different matter)?
Although I am not 100% sure, I believe this is strictly dependent on the dealership. I do not think there is a uniform Acura policy that spells this out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me rephrase it - did anyone get it in WRITTEN from the dealer that they would get a loaner for warranty work? Or is everyone just working on trust?

·
Registered
446 Posts
verbal

We only got a verbal from the salesman. They offer rides to and from work but we are 50 miles from them so that doesn't work too good so we have received loaners......even got one on the 15k service visit. We do kind of "book" it in advance so one is avaiable.

Niles:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just scheduled my service appt. at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City for the water pump recall, and asked if there would be a loaner available. Was politely told that there were no loaners unless the maintenance was projected to be more than one day. Whatever.....when I get to the point where the service costs me money, I'll definitely take it somewhere else.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Dealer in the Chicago area said you get a loaner for all service work except oil changes for the life of the car.

Not in writing though.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
MDX350 said:
Let me rephrase it - did anyone get it in WRITTEN from the dealer that they would get a loaner for warranty work? ....
I guess the answer is no! :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm taking my MDX in for the tapping in the left front and asked for a loaner car since I have to drop it off the night before. Service guy said they are only to give out a loaner car if the work is to take more than 2 hours and with the tapping issue they don't know how long it will take since they don't know the cause so they weren't going to give me one. I asked to speak with a manager and they decided to give me a loaner rather than tell my whole sad story to the manager.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just received the recall notice for the water pump/timing belt issue, booked a service appointment with loaner car for Thursday 9/12. The dealer claimed at the time of sale to have over 70 loaners available at one time, guess it's true, but who knows what I'll be given. I'll report back on Thursday with the loaner information, hope it's not a yellow Ford Festiva ........ :1:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Loaner car

I had to take my MDX in to replace a rear main seal at Honda/Acura of Spokane and I must say they really took care of me. They gave me a new 2003 TL (full of gas) and I put 4000 miles on it over the three weeks I had it while they fixed my MDX. I live in Montana and when the "X" was fixed we met half way and swapped cars . For me Acura sales dept pushes me away , but Acura service ( in Spokane) brings me back. :29:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got the loaner this morning

As promised in an earlier post in this thread, here's the loaner car update.

Well, I did not get the yellow Ford Festiva, but I am now the proud driver of a purple/blue Dodge Neon. Apparently the dealer has so many courtesy cars available through a relationship with Enterprise Car Rental. Although they took an imprint of my Amex card for insurance purposes, the dealer pays the daily rental fee. I'm not complaining, it certainly is a convenience, but my Volvo dealer always provides a new model as a loaner. I'll post an update on the status of the water pump recall tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts