Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

We recently spent 2 days in Las Vegas during the hot summer and got both warning about LKAS & Forward Collision Warning Problems. Did anyone know how to clear or reset this? or is this something to easily fix? I own the car about 5 years and never have any problem in California hot weather, just recently drove to Las Vegas and gave me both warnings. I know temperature in LV is super hot but is that mean the sensors is bad? I got the warning again other day in California (temp around 108 f) and gave me those warning again, I turn off the car and start again and the message disappear.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
405 Posts
It should clear by itself. Noticed similar warnings when I parked my 15TLX in hot sun couple years back, it went away by itself.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
It sounds like the camera is overheating and shutting down. You might need to park in the shade and crack the sunroof a bit if you can. The good thing about "dry heat" is it can be 5-15 degrees cooler in the shade compared to high humidity places.

Reactions: Irobot2090

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, I own the car for over 5 years and always leave it directly to the sun and hot summer here in CA but never got those warning before. Just drove to Vegas for 2 days and already have a problem. :)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Phoenix/Vegas summer heat is on another level entirely! It is the direct sun, concrete, asphalt, reflective glass on buildings, lack of green space, and humidity from water features/irrigation that pushes the heat to feel more intense than the thermometer indicates. Asphalt and car interiors would get 140-170 degrees in summer when temps got +110 degrees when I lived in Phoenix.

Reactions: Irobot2090

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech
80 Posts
My ‘18 did the same thing at 117 degrees. It went away at 113 degrees about 5 minutes later, without restarting the car.
C98AC242-C0A5-483E-8FBC-6AF932E1A5D9.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts