Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from sunny So. Cal.....recently picked up a 2015 "NEW TO US" MDX with 25k on her for my wife. The problem I'm having is that I have to manually turn on the AC when I restart the car. Meaning if I start the car and hit either the auto button or the fan on/off button, I then have to navigate into the climate control settings and turn on the AC and/or the SYNC with the backseats. Is there anyway that the AC can be defaulted to ON when the fan or the Auto button is pressed? I've been tasked to figure this out and the boss would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance!

John

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have 2015 also and my AC/sync is always on when I start it up, but the key here is to leave the AC ON when you turn the car off. If I turn the ac off then shut the car off, next time I start the car, I end up in the same situation as you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see...well I've always been in the habit of turning my ac off before shutting off the engine. There has to be a way to change that.....right???

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I see...well I've always been in the habit of turning my ac off before shutting off the engine. There has to be a way to change that.....right???
Changing your habit? Absolutely! There's only one possible advantage to doing this with modern cars and that has to do with reducing moisture in the vents. You'd have to shut the A/C down a few minutes before turning off the car and this mostly would only make a difference if the drainage in the vent system was blocked. Not worth the effort in my book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts