Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put one of these on the mdx? I know the debate over engine longevity however I fall on the side of the fence which doesn’t believe it makes a difference in reliability long term. I don’t want this thread deteriorating into that discussion.

I have an extra laying around (factory sized) from my engine build and thought I may throw it on for ****s. Anyone have one?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesus h....what did I say? Do you think I could build my own engines and not understand how engine balance works?

It’s in fact not balancing anything. It has an elastomer to reduce NVH ONLY.

THAT BEING SAID, do you have one? Can you offer any other type of information that may be of actual value?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Anyone put one of these on the mdx? I know the debate over engine longevity however I fall on the side of the fence which doesn’t believe it makes a difference in reliability long term. I don’t want this thread deteriorating into that discussion.

I have an extra laying around (factory sized) from my engine build and thought I may throw it on for ****s. Anyone have one?
j series engine is internally balanced engine, so no worries here.
I drove acura tl j37 with it, did not feel any improvement of it... Some guys said they feel rpms build faster...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do ppl not write in red anymore on forums to convey sarcasm?

It’s just sitting on my shelf and it’s easy to put on.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
60 degree V6 are not internally balanced. The design of the crankshaft is quite tricky to compensate for this. Read here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_balance#V6_engines
They use a different balance factor for the crankshaft than a 90 degree engine but they absolutely are internally balanced. Have you seen a Honda v6 crank before? They have material drilled from the hammers for balance purposes. I have a balance sheet from the machine shop who balanced my ra to within .1 gram. I guess he hadn’t read Wikipedia tho lol

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Do ppl not write in red anymore on forums to convey sarcasm?

It’s just sitting on my shelf and it’s easy to put on.
Put it on and report back. Maybe i will put one too. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts