Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of comments about the lights I installed to replace the washer housings. What does everyone think? Should I run the hood lights or not?

comments welcome...

:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Best you don't drive that in NC! Blue lights mean police, and you might not be able to get away with 'em!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Was looking for the voting, anywho.

GET RID OF THEM they look Ricey. Im sure Tim can get you OEM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well...since you asked...

:28: Get rid of 'em!

I don't like the look at all! It really cheapens an otherwise wonderful looking vehicle.

Just MHO, but you asked, and I'm not going to lie to you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, they might call you Knight Rider:2: :2:

·
Registered
747 Posts
eltigre,

My vote is no as well, amigo...but remember, the demographic on this forum generally won't go for that look. Now flash the pic on the CL forum, you've got a different story!

Rob :31:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have to agree with the others so far ... NO :14:

But, if it suits your personality :cool: and you are under 25 :22: then you might be able to get away with it :4: .

If you are single, they don't really work well as a "chick magnet" :32:

Just a few things to consider:2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I did see one black MDX the other day (mind you I'm in NYC) with everything on it, the full front bar, Manik side steps, tail light grille, and neon-lit license plate. My guess was the driver was probably 24, and someone that wanted a BIGGER RSX.

But, if you like the look, why not? It just shows the diversity of the MDX buyer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to vote no also. But hey, it's a personal decision, and if you like it, you should keep 'em!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just turned 25, so maybe the age has something to do with the variety in choices. I don't run them as much as I use too. Mainly because the cops started giving me a hard time. I'm working on a way around that though, and also working on getting my front windows tinted to match the rest of my ride. In Utah their front tint is basically nothing, but I found a way around that.

Thanks for the input though, keep them coming :2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
To each his own. Do those things squirt washer fluid?

·
Registered
58 Posts
NO WAY JOSE!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blue Lights

As far as the age question, I just turned 26 and I would take a pass on them. I think they look ok on other cars but on SUVs (particularly the MDX) they seem out of place. Just my opinion.

It might be interesting to start a poll of "owner profile" to get an idea of the age, location, occupation of other MDX owners. I'll throw one up and see who responds.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
RE: squirting water

case1906 said:
Do those things squirt washer fluid?
Originally posted by rjmoose
NO WAY JOSE!!!
I find the washer to be a very valuable accessory and cannot imaging giving it up for a "cheesy" decoration:rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't been here in a while to check out how the voting was going. They do squirt out water. I've been pulled over twice for the lights, funny thing is it's only been on base, not in the local comunity.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lights ... camera ... action

I just turned 35 and I have to say I like'm. Now hook up some blue neons on the under carriage to get that floating effect and you're working with something.:4:

·
Registered
93 Posts
eltigre --what happens after the Man pulls you over. Do you they just want a closer look? Ticket? Beatdown?:25:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't forget the marquee neon license plate frame!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts