Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have MDX 2016 with tech package. I got this car from April last year but it ran out of battery at least 5 times. The reason is my car park in the garage and the light is automatic on when someone step into the garage without the key in hand, I believe there is a defect motion sensor. I bring the car to dealer 2 times but they cannot find out anything. I hear from the service guy said there are some customers complain about the same but they cannot do anything. Do you have any experience like this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I checked my 2015 Advance in the garage and the light only activates if the vehicle is locked AND I am carrying one of my FOBs. If its not locked and I carry my FOB nothing happens. If it's locked and I don't have my FOB nothing happens.
I had a friend several years ago who's Cadillac battery would intermittently die for no reason. Had it checked out by the dealership several times with no trouble found. Turned out that he was storing his FOB too close to the car (hung up on a nail in the garage) so the car sensors were almost always active draining the battery. Is it possible that your FOB is stored too close to the car so that your sensors are activated?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out what is FOB means. It's not my case, I put my FOB key far away from the car (at least more than 20 foot)but the light is still on when I come close to the car. according to the technician, the sensor only activate if the key is in the range of 1 feet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
FOB is your keyfob...the remote that you carry with you so you can unlock and start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts