Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I’ve got a 2012 MDX Base and I’ve had a heck of a time with the lift gate all of a sudden. It just fails to open. I tried my fob (#2) and it didn’t open. The rest of the buttons worked. I tried the button in the driver side door and it didn’t open. I even unlocked all of the doors and the handle/button on the liftgate didn’t even open it. Finally my wife got her fob (#1), pressed the button and it worked. After that my fob worked fine. <O:p</O:p
The day before it wouldn’t open either and I just figured I was being stupid. I’m not sure how I got it resolved.<O:p</O:p
Anyone have problems like this? We’ve only had the used vehicle a very short time now...<O:p</O:p
Thx,<O:p</O:p
Jason<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

Since you have a 2012, you should be able to take it into the local dealership to get checked out under warranty. Any issues such as the rear liftgate will be stored onto the car's computer.

My 2011 MDX TECH pkg had a known similar problem, but the dealership fixed the issue, they reset something or changed a sensor control for the tailgate. I would try to get it to a dealer if you are below 50k miles. It should be under the basic Acura Warranty still.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll contact the dealer. I didn't know that sort of thing was stored. Any way to access it on my own or read a fault code or something?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since you have a Base, you can't view error codes.

On mine, since I have a Tech package with the navigation. There is a menu where you can view any error codes or messages stored. Mine had a tailgate error code and to schedule an appt with dealer to fix.

Mine would randomly not close all the way, it would freeze then go back up as if there was an object moving. so I would just close it manually until it was fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts