Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the following provided by motor trend online:

Lexus announced the pricing for its all-new GX 470 at the South Florida International Auto Show in Miami: $44,925. The delivery, processing and handling fee is $575. This positions the GX squarely between the RX 300 and the LX 470.

Standard features include:
· Driver's and front passenger's airbags and side impact Airbags
· Front and rear side curtain airbags (1st and 2nd rows only) · Torsen limited-slip differential
· Vehicle Skid Control (VSC)
· Downhill Assist Control (DAC) and Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
· Active Traction Control (TRAC)
· Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
· Adjustable height control
· Wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
· Heated front seats with variable heat setting
· Variable intermittent rain-sensing front windshield wipers
· Automatic dual-zone climate control with air filtration system
· Homelink programmable garage door opener
· 115V AC power outlet (in rear cargo area)
· Lexus AM/FM/Cassette/6-disc CD changer with 11 speakers
· Rear Seat Audio System (RSAS)
· One-touch power moonroof with speed-sensing wind deflector
· Integrated illuminated running boards
· Roof rack
· 17-inch aluminum wheels with 265/65HR17 M+S tires

In addition to the numerous standard features, a folding and removable third-row seat with a rear climate control, a DVD-based navigation system, and 14-speaker Mark Levinson audio package are also available.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
William-

i think you are right... if it is true that there are only gonna be three optional items, i would agree that it's hard to break $50k... the most expensive item is likely going to be the navi, which will be around $2k...

but i'm sure there are gonna be tons of DIOs....;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I drove it

I went to Longo Lexus, and they just got it in. I was the first dude to drive it... and almost the entire sales staff was ridding with me. :cool:

Personally.... keep you MDX's. It's nice, about as nice as the MDX in my opinion, but WAY more expensive.

·
Registered
249 Posts
GX470

I see Edmunds.com has a new review posted about this SUV

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Looks like a very nice vehicle.

Competition is good!

Can't wait to see what is out there in 2004/2005 when I will be considering a new rig.:eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went to a local Lexus dealer (in the SF Bay Area) and talked to the dealer about this car. He told me fully-loaded, MSRP will be around $48K. There are actually 3 options for the GX470:

Nav, DVD and Mark Levinson audio

So I asked him if the MSRP for the standard GX is $45K, these 3 options only add $3000 to the price? He couldn't answer me. I have put a deposit on a '03 MDX Tour/DVD/RES. MSRP is 42,500, and if I add a bunch of options (interior wood steering, dash, running boards, etc.), then the price of the car is about $46K. It's going to be here end of November. Wonder if I should wait a few weeks and check out the GX470. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
tnguyenmdc said:
I went to a local Lexus dealer (in the SF Bay Area) and talked to the dealer about this car. He told me fully-loaded, MSRP will be around $48K. There are actually 3 options for the GX470:

Nav, DVD and Mark Levinson audio

So I asked him if the MSRP for the standard GX is $45K, these 3 options only add $3000 to the price? He couldn't answer me. I have put a deposit on a '03 MDX Tour/DVD/RES. MSRP is 42,500, and if I add a bunch of options (interior wood steering, dash, running boards, etc.), then the price of the car is about $46K. It's going to be here end of November. Wonder if I should wait a few weeks and check out the GX470. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks
I chose not to wait and sold my RX300 last month and should be picking up my 2003 Touring Nav next week. The deciding factors for me were.....
1. Third row seats in the way all of the time.
2. Less cargo room.
3. To many sacrifices for true off-road capability which I didn't need.

You are also showing only three options above, I thought the third row seats were an expensive option.

·
Registered
93 Posts
tnguyenmdc ,
I'm pretty much in same boat. Since my car will not be coming till the first week of December, I was thinking of waiting till Dec 17 when the GX comes to Putnam Lexus. What you should do is go test drive the new 4-runner. They have plenty at Toyota 101. I test drove the limited V8 4-runner, and the ride was so different that the MDX! The SUV felt too much like a truck truck. Didn't like the ride at all. This particular model was 41k, so it's gotta be close to what the GX will drive like.
I'm sticking with my MDX order!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you want better off-road capability, and maybe better quality, go with the lexus GX470...

otherwise, stay with the acura mdx...

the 3rd row seat is a joke for the GX470, since it's not only occupying tons of cargo space, it is also blocking the rear view of the driver significantly....

with that being said, if the mdx and the gx470 were of the same price, i would probably still go for the lexus....

·
Registered
550 Posts
JK,

The GX470 has an electronic adaptive suspension that the 4Runner does not have. It is a proven unit...one that is quite effective. The LX470 has had this system for many years...many people love it!

Thanks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well, I agree with that one.

But at least the color of the fake wood in the MDX matches, kind of.

Personally, I want brushed aluminum or maybe a chrome. If not that, just make it all match. Don't know why no one does that anymore. (Well almost no one, Volvo does.)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well, never fear, the trend is now towards aluminum trim. Have you seen the new Accord or the Lincoln Aviator/Navigator?? Butt-load of shinny stuff!

My idea: how about MARBLE?! Think about it, that is so much better than wood! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts