Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an idea which I've mentioned to other members here, to which I've got a positive response each time.....let's form a network by which we can use each others' resources to benefit other acuramdx.org members. For instance, if I'm shopping for, say, a new set of home speakers (which I am), and one of the members here runs an audio store, I'll buy it right from you rather than give my money to a stranger. This could apply to marketing, real estate, retail goods, business consulting, financial planning, even wine! :D

For example, my main hobby is antique radio and television restoration. If anyone here should be in need of such services or advice, I would be glad to help!

So if you sell a product or service, please post it here, and maybe YOU could take MY credit card info....wouldn't that be a switch? :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Great Idea

This is a great idea, and I think that we should promote ourselves if we have the ability to offer things that wouldn't typically be advertised here (we don't want to take money away from Admin's revenue stream).

Anyway, I work for a company that sells Stationery - birth announcements / wedding invitations / holiday cards, etc. It is all internet based, and you can create and view your item online.

Anyway, the URL is www.finestationery.com .

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I can provide you with a discount code. If this add needs to be edited as commercial, please feel free to do so and accept my apologies.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally don't feel that your ad is "commercial", it's actually just what I think we should do. Our interest in the MDX is our common denominator, but it doesn't have to stop there.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Between all of us

Yep -- between all of us, we could probably save each other a bunch of money, and free up fun money for other stuff...

There's probably someone with ties to a stereo store that could provide discounts and installation advice (whether for home or the car), all the way to stamp collectors that could trade stuff.

·
Registered
291 Posts
While we may not know each other enough to be called “friends”, we all share a common interest in the MDX and most likely at some level maybe even a common disposition, character, or mind set. My father always would tell me that if you had to spend your money on something, it was better to do so with someone you know rather than a complete stranger. With that in mind, I would feel more secure purchasing products or services from our membership rather than from a stranger.

I am a fire protection and safety engineer who spent 25 years working for an international oil company. My last position was to manage their worldwide Environment, Health, and Safety department. Now I work for a consulting company that specializes in hazard analysis, vapor cloud dispersion, fire, and blast prediction and consequence modeling, and risk reduction techniques.

On a personal side, I have been active in the Boy Scouts, a past high school band parent, and on rare occasions like to fish and target shoot.

If anyone should ever need this type of consultation or would like to talk about these issues send me a PM or check out our web sites: www.ecrc.com and www.wbeng.com .

I know this topic may not be as much fun as discussing the best MDX color but DON’T BE BASHFUL :eek: - POST YOUR INTERESTS!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I help companies grow (corporate strategy, business planning and customer sat/loyalty/retention consulting). Used to run the western US and the entire US for big consulting firms (e.g. Big 5). Independent now. Will pay %commission for referrals :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I AGREE-

If each of us can identify what we do in terms of our professions and how our business/career can help each other..that would be EXCELLENT!

Myself I work for a Data Storage manufacturer that provides-servers, tapebackup systems and Storage solutions for computer networks and data centers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well if it helps anybody I'm a cardiologist. Any heart problems??? Hope not! But if you have a doubt and I can help you just feel free to ask :)

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Great idea! How about a separate forum, just for services/products provided by our members? Help me out with a name and I will create one.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A great idea. I've offered to distribute flyers or business cards with my shipments for anyone that would like some free advertising as well. You've all been so good to me, it's the least I can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts