Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I took my MDX in for its first service, I asked them to apply TSB with regards to the transmission software update, to fix the laggy first gear shifting and the sudden surge going downhill when it downshifts. They did not, told me they didnt have time. They also took the entire day ( 7AM to 5:30PM ) to do the first service, and I still had to wait at the dealership 35 minutes even though they called and said it was ready.

So I swore never to use that dealership for service again.

Ahead to my 2nd service this weekend. I once again asked for the TSB to be applied, once again mentioned that the front speaker buzzes at 1200RPM, and once again the new dealer did nothing to address either complaint. The B16 cost $420, which I found out is an obscene rip off, the shifting is still miserable in 1st gear when accelerating from a stop quickly, and still surges forward 5-7mph when going down hill around 30mph with foot off the accelerator when it downshifts.

Not only that, after driving a block away from the dealership, it cut power, threw up an error message saying SHAWD error, call on-star immediately for instructions. I turned around and brought it back to them, got a loaner and had them look at it for a few days. They told me it just needed a software update, but my guess is they drained the transfer case and never refilled it.

So, basically I have 2 shops which I dont feel are qualified to service my car, the close one being the worse of the two, overcharging and screwing up my car.

Leaning towards dumping the car just out of spite. I noticed a bunch of 16's on the dealer used lot, so they must be coming back in large numbers for some reason, doubt I will get anything close to what I want from it.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Highly doubt it about the transfer not being filled... It would cause catastrophic damage to the transfer to run the car without any oil in the transfer case as one of the 2g owners suffered that scenario, Ended up having to replace the entire unit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's NOT a Transfer Case, B16 (Rear Diff Fluid)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Worse case if it was the SH-AWD 3.0 Diff not being filled....

·
Registered
25 Posts
where are you located? i just dropped of my car to acura for svc in Torrance, southbay area. now i'm littler consern

·
Registered
25 Posts
So when I took my MDX in for its first service, I asked them to apply TSB with regards to the transmission software update, to fix the laggy first gear shifting and the sudden surge going downhill when it downshifts. They did not, told me they didnt have time. They also took the entire day ( 7AM to 5:30PM ) to do the first service, and I still had to wait at the dealership 35 minutes even though they called and said it was ready.

So I swore never to use that dealership for service again.

Ahead to my 2nd service this weekend. I once again asked for the TSB to be applied, once again mentioned that the front speaker buzzes at 1200RPM, and once again the new dealer did nothing to address either complaint. The B16 cost $420, which I found out is an obscene rip off, the shifting is still miserable in 1st gear when accelerating from a stop quickly, and still surges forward 5-7mph when going down hill around 30mph with foot off the accelerator when it downshifts.

Not only that, after driving a block away from the dealership, it cut power, threw up an error message saying SHAWD error, call on-star immediately for instructions. I turned around and brought it back to them, got a loaner and had them look at it for a few days. They told me it just needed a software update, but my guess is they drained the transfer case and never refilled it.

So, basically I have 2 shops which I dont feel are qualified to service my car, the close one being the worse of the two, overcharging and screwing up my car.

Leaning towards dumping the car just out of spite. I noticed a bunch of 16's on the dealer used lot, so they must be coming back in large numbers for some reason, doubt I will get anything close to what I want from it.

where are you located? i just dropped of my car to acura for svc in Torrance, southbay area. now i'm littler consern

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have a dealer in Illinois and Florida. I have never had problems like that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts