Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and a new owner of the X and have read a number of people that have had to wait months to get their X. What is the reason for this? I am on the west coast and walked in to a dealership and drove home with my X 1 1/2 hrs later. Is this an EAST coast thing or did I just get lucky?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
alesyk said:
Is this an EAST coast thing or did I just get lucky?
Hard to answer without more info. It is NOT an East Coast thing. What model MDX did you get? What color did you get? What did you pay? Without details it is hard to answer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where on the west coast?

There even seems to be a difference between northern and souther california. Here in N. California I ordered my color 2 months before the 03 model was released because I wanted a specific color. I paid MSRP and passed on $500 off an 03' and 2k off an 02' and waited 3 months. If you really wanted the red it sounds like you just got lucky. I am happy for you, Congradulations.

And I am very happy with my color too!:2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I live in northern CA and looked all over the state for a SBP Tour/Navi. Was told 2-3 months everywhere I went. Got one in a week following a cancellation by someone else.

There were lots of SBP tourings or base models around, but no NAVI's. Also ofund lots of Silver w/Navi and my local dealer has been sitt8ing on a Havasu Blue w/Navi that no one wants.

It all depends on the color/options.

Satisfied in Modesto, CA

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was told by my dealer here in NJ, that if you're not picky, usual wait here is approx 1 month. If you're picky, I was, I'm now waiting 3-4 months.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
In Canada it's not a matter of being picky because they only come one way (touring), the only choice is color and everything else is dealer installed.
I waited 5 months....:3:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
alesyk said:
Redrock
1000 off MSRP
Roof Rack
No major options
The demand is higher for Touring especially w/ Nav or Res and picky colors. Congratulations on your deal.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
alesyk,

Timing must be everything. I saw my dealer, and two days later he called and said my MDX had arrived. I drove it home the next morning. I like it when a plan comes together.:4:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here in Massachuseets I was offered three choices of color on a Touring/Nav out of thier scheduled allotment, arrived exactly 2 weeks after I walked into the dealership.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It took 5 weeks from order to delivery . Touring with nav. $40,500
no adds . Bought my second MDX from Acura of Spokane, Wa.

:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in the Carolina's we have several available for immediate delivery. Anything else, 2 to 10 weeks depending on options.

Sage, Sandstone and black Touring/NAVI/RES being closer to 10 weeks because of limited production on those colors and options.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here in Baltimore/Washington DC/Northern Virginia area it
is between 2-4 weeks. And there are instances where you
can immediately take out an X off the dealeships lot. Why? 'coz there are probably a good number of order cancellations for the X due the war/terrorism/economy jitters.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in Vancouver, Canada. I was picky about colour, and wanted the new Midnight Blue. I ordered in October 5 and the MDX arrived December 22. There were few Midnight Blues in their monthly allocation. I understand I could have picked up a silver or other more common colour in 6 weeks.

I like the Midnight Blue.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Length of wait to get the MDX is nothing compare to the MINI cooper, you have to wait for 6 to 8 months. I'm still waiting for mine, will probably get it by June or July of this year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sandstone arrived 5 minutes after I did....
Prep time..... was a bit longer, maybe 2 hours.
So lets see....... Hmmmmmm...
About two hours and five minutes....
Lucky maybe....:D
:26:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eastbay, CA

Walked into dealer on Sunday at noon. Went on testdrive with wife and daughter shortly thereafter. Drove it home at 3pm.

Touring NAV/RES
Silver w/ Quartz interior
Wood trim steering wheel
Wood trim instrument panel
Wood shifter
Black running boards
Tow hitch
Fender flares
Lower trim
Cargo/floor mats (black)
Wheel locks

He told me that car had come in on Friday and put on the lot on Saturday (after dealer put on accessories). What a vehicle.

OverTime

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had only a 1 week wait (!!!) for my midnight blue premium MDX. Just picked it up Thursday and I'm in love with it!!:2: My dealer in Scarsdale NY was great too - not pushy about loading it up with silly options I don't need.

My 3 kids have readily welcomed the new MDX while bidding farewell to the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan.

Adjusting to driving the MDX was easy too because both vehicles are about the same width. Pickup is fantastic and what a quiet engine!! Handling is superb!! Excellent ride on pavement.

My favorite features are:

folding away that third row!!

dimming interior lights after doors have been shut

pleasant beep when key remote locks car - doesn't sound like the abbreviated horn honk

reclining ability of 2nd and 3rd row seats

180 degree flip top of driver's armrest which can serve as a beverage/snack holder or "tabletop surface" to support a portable DVD player.

Lots of wonderfully designed storage compartments for all passengers

and that's just the beginning!!!! I've only had it for 36 hours!

The small and insignficant features I miss about the minivan that I don't have in the base MDX:

radio station SCAN buttons on the steering wheel (only have volume button, preset station change button and AM/FM band change button

grocery bag hooks in the cargo area. Planning to get a cargo net and cargo cover from hondacuraworld.com

Window-side reading lights for passengers in second and third row - MDX has lights in the middle of the ceiling.

I'm so delighted to be in the MDX league now!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts