Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was parking my 'X this evening and noticed that my driver side, sideview mirror is no longer tilting. The right one tilts ok. Has anybody encountered this and able to fix it without having to go to the dealer? I can adjust the mirror by using the joystick but it never tilts when I go on reverse. Can anybody help??? Please...

Thx.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Er ... the left-side mirror does not tilt when you put the vehicle in reverse. Only the right-side mirror does.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
voltes said:
I was parking my 'X this evening and noticed that my driver side, sideview mirror is no longer tilting. The right one tilts ok. Has anybody encountered this and able to fix it without having to go to the dealer? I can adjust the mirror by using the joystick but it never tilts when I go on reverse. Can anybody help??? Please...

Thx.
If your driver side mirror ever tilted, you've got a scoop!:D

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Hehe is that a new option both mirrors tilt?? As far I recall only the passenger side tilts. :2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yep, my driver's side mirror won't tilt either.

One time I thought the passenger side had stopped tilting but it was just the selector switch not being in the middle. Dog must have done it.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Stupid stuff, Why do you want to tilt the right mirror????
I thought the same thing before I owned my X. . My opinion has changed. There are times when I have found this feature to be very helpful. Parallel parking or backing into the end space and trying to get as close as possible to the curb are examples. A few times I have wished the drivers side did tilt.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Sorry it's only the passenger side:4:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
voltes,

Guess you figured out by now that only the passenger side mirror tilts. You'll probably get a little teasing about this one!!

The new smilies are helpful:

:1pat:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Stupid stuff, Why do you want to tilt the right mirror???? What, you're blind or something?? is right beside you why do you want it to be tilt???:headshake
Is this Canadian, or some other 'non-english' language?

Who is "stupid stuff"?

What are you talking about with the "right mirror", when he asked about the left?

?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Those wacky canadians!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Dog Driving?

DaleB said:

The last time he was driving, huh?
Quiet, don't give this spoiled dog (5 lb Yorkie) any ideas.

The dog has also:

1. Turned on bun warmers numerous times. I helped solve this problem by placing a folded detailing towel over the seat warmer switches.

2. Opened windows. I think this happed by accident but I'm not sure. Turned the window switch on the drivers side to off but she still has opened windows from the drivers seat. I haven't noticed if this happens when we drive by cars with other dogs?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
BaldEagle said:
I thought the same thing before I owned my X. . My opinion has changed. There are times when I have found this feature to be very helpful. Parallel parking or backing into the end space and trying to get as close as possible to the curb are examples.
Yes, this feature is available on a number of vehicles and I love it for parallel parking. There's no more guesswork about how close to the curb you are.

It's very useful for parking as far-right as possible against a curb divider in a parking lot. I prefer to do that so I have as much space to the left of me, in case a car parks to my left and threatens to ding me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Uh oh. I guess I should put this one more in the embarrasing thing on my MDX thread. :17:

Somehow, I always thought it was both. I guess I'm just relieved I don't have to go to the dealer for something that WASNT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

D'oh! :1pat:

This is what I deserve :twak:

Thanks guys for clearing that out! :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Voltes.......

Ha Ha Ha... :2:

Are you going to try to make your left side mirror tilted now? If you make it, let me know how you did it. :D :2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JTM

I found a way! You have to open the window and use your hand tho'. :D

What's worse is that my wife thought both tilted also. :p

Oh well, we live and learn.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
voltes said:
What's worse is that my wife thought both tilted also. :p
After owning our X for a week my wife told me the drivers side didn't tilt in reverse anymore. I had a tough time convincing her it never did.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Your wife may have been confused by the seat memory feature on the touring model. She may have been seen the left mirror adjust if the seat was previously possitioned for another driver. If she was the previous driver, the left mirror will not adjust (it's already adjusted). Regarding the right mirror, it will not tilt down unless the the adjustment switch is in the middle position.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts