Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ I hadn't heard about Canadians getting a higher resolution Nav screen - are you sure about that? It would surprise me if they did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was in Toronto earlier this month visiting brother who bought a 2016 Elite ( and the navigation screen was much brighter and less grainy then my 2016 Advanced w/entertainment). I took the same settings of brightness/contrast/black-levels from his and tried on mine after I got back and could not get the view replicated on mine.

Besides those, here are some differences (standard on Elite):

- Heated windshield
- Front and rear splash guards (optional on our advanced)
- Heated steering wheel
- power folding side mirrors (oh I so miss this one from my X5!!)
- Genuine olive ash trim (yes, it does look awesome in person vs. our fake plastic wood-trim)
- Surround view camera system (I loved using this one while I was there and wish we had it :(
- Auto-levelling front headlamps

And get this: His negotiated drive-out price was CAD 70,500. Since he gets paid in USD, his actual cost was USD 53K roughly :) Makes me wish I should have gotten the canadian one with all those neat features for less than what I paid for my advanced here in Dallas :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
FWIW a long phillips screwdriver will allow vertical adjustments (had to do it while driving w/a heavy load)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just bought a SHAWD AWP last weekend in Denver at invoice price. I noticed the lights are bright but low too. is there a way to raise them up a bit? I was surprised that they're not even adaptive like my 10 yrs old BMW 325i.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just bought a SHAWD AWP last weekend in Denver at invoice price. I noticed the lights are bright but low too. is there a way to raise them up a bit? I was surprised that they're not even adaptive like my 10 yrs old BMW 325i.
Not sure if there is such thing as an adaptive LED headlights?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I also noticed that on our new 16 MDX the navi screen is not as bright/vivid as on our 14 Odyssey. It looks and feels matte and the picture is grainy. At first I thought they forgot to remove the protective plastic. Unfortunately I was wrong. Did Acura downgraded their screen quality or did they decided to install better quality stuff in Hondas instead?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also noticed that on our new 16 MDX the navi screen is not as bright/vivid as on our 14 Odyssey. It looks and feels matte and the picture is grainy. At first I thought they forgot to remove the protective plastic. Unfortunately I was wrong. Did Acura downgraded their screen quality or did they decided to install better quality stuff in Hondas instead?

Same thing which I was mentioning. The Honda Pilot and accord both have much better screens and backup cameras.

Not just that, the Canadian 2016 MDX, which I experienced earlier this month, was much less grainy than the U.S. Version.

I recommend that everyone write a gentle email to acura client relations and raise these concerns. They won't do anything for us current users, but at least it can help future owners if they get enough emailed concerns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts