Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Yes, it is not uncommon for tan leather seating surfaces to show dirt quickly, and yes "bluejean ruboff" is a common culprit. The best solution is to stay on top of the issue via maintenance with a good quality leather cleaner/conditioner and to enjoy the patina as the leather ages - as the tag says:

"Because leather is a natural material it varies in color and texture. The leather retains natural marks or scars which reflect the authentic look of natural leather"

· Registered
421 Posts
I venture that the susceptability to blue-jean ruboff would have nothing to do with the "quality" of the leather, but *may* have something to do with final surface preparation coating (i.e. it may come from a finishing agent, or protectant). It has been very apparent on: 1999 Lexus RX300, 2000 Mercedes S500, and now the 2001 MDX

Alvin, I would guess that your jeans probably have very little "blue" left in them after working as a wrangler ;)

· Registered
421 Posts
MDXplosion,

FWIW, after a handfull of cleanings with the cleaner/conditioners, the seats do seem to be less susceptible to staining (again, whether we are removing something that is causing the problem, or adding a better protector, I don't know)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.