Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Best cleaner

Lexol is so far my favorite. It is easy to wipe on and off. Used Hyde Food before. You can get it from Jaguar dealers. It is a great cleaner/conditioner, but reguires way too much work to clean off.

· Registered
72 Posts
My 2 Cents on Leather Cleaning/Conditioning

All leather gets dirt and grime from clothes/food etc. In addition leather dries over time. When leather is first processed there are natural and added oils that are retained when installed on a car. Over time with body oils, sun, salt and other contaminants the leather dries. This results in cracks. Now you may ask how does this relate to Lexol and cleaning.

Well the answer is simple: If you keep your leather clean using leather cleaner, then there is less chance that it might attrack dirt. In addition after the first year of the car I start using the conditioner to ensure that the leather remains moist and retains its natural oils. Otherwise you can get cracks and what I call "Streaks" in the leather that cannot be cleaned.

I hope this little synopsis helps.

Ootyboy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.