Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Ummm, that should not be the case. Of course, I have a black interior, but I carefully examine my cotton applicator after I apply my Zaino. And no, my seats don't get very dirty. Your saddle seats may show dirt more, but then again, my black carpeting shows a heck of a lot more dirt than YOUR light colored carpeting, so maybe we are even! ;)

· Registered
672 Posts
Yep, I have Weathertech mats which are great but, while "custom" for the MDX, still leave some areas of black carpeting uncovered and which seem to magically and magnetically attract every piece of light colored stuff in the universe.:mad:

As far as leather cleaners go, Worm has pointed out the Detailing section as a good source of info. There are many choices.

I like Zaino and Griot's leather cleaners and conditioners because they absorb quickly, smell like leather (Griot's a bit more) and are not greasy....and don't clog the seat's pores if I slather on too much.

· Registered
672 Posts
jmk, no the opposite. Everything your body touches, seat (perforated and smooth) and back (same thing) is all leather. You can feel the difference in, for example, the seat pocket covers behind each of the front seats are "leatherette". Same scenario for rear seats.

Third row, ahem, you are correct....is "leatherette." ;)

· Registered
672 Posts
Yeah, I hate that oily feel to some of the leather care products. It shines up the leather allrigh, but I don't like my butt (and my nice pants) buffing my greasy leather seats.

I use and recommend both Griot's and Zaino products. They are not greasy, absorb quickly and you don't have to worry about the perf holes in the seats getting plugged unless you go nuts and apply half the bottle.;)

They smell like leather, too and come in a cleaner and conditioner formula. I use the conditioner almost exclusively unless there are some stains on my leather.....the conditioner does double duty, picks up dust and dirt (as my cotton applicator will attest) and conditions the leather. One less thing for me to worry about.

You won't get a greasy shine :cool: but you know the stuff is working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.