• OWN

Votes: 55 76.4%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there may have been a poll about this, but I could not find it.

Might be kinda nice to get a sense for how many members Lease compared to "Owners"

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow, at this point, 7 of 7 own. I seem to remember a similar poll which included how many people paid cash (~40% I think -- wow again).

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Leasing is generally a good deal for the dealer (extra profit), salesman (extra commission), and the leasing company. Leases are not normally a good deal for the buyer.

·
Registered
570 Posts
BaldEagle, I disagree with you, IF you use the vehicle for work (which I do) It's great to write off the lease value (5 yr depreciation), plates, gas, taxes, maint. etc. Buying is alot more limited on taxes.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
jonnygoodboy,

As you can see, the poll numbers are no longer 7 of 7 that own. A problem with polls is getting a large enough response rate to provide statistical significance to the results. If the N (number of respondants) is too low, one can't be sure of the effects of chance.

Additionally, the "topic and/or wording of the heading" can affect who choose to respond, again providing room for "distortion".

When the poll gets up to "a large number" of respondants, then you'll have a real good idea what is really happening.

·
Registered
229 Posts
srpbep,

In a phrase, CENTRAL LIMIT THEOREM. I think your post is wrong from a statistical point of view.

Loose

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Loose,

I concur with you if the sampling was random. IMHO, the methods employed in the polling process do not necessarily generate a random response pattern.

... Steven

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I am planning to keep my cars as long as possible, so I OWN/PURCHASE them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lease...

For the first time I am leasing. I know I'll love the car, but chances are I will love the '06 as well! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts