Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jut did another oil change today (2009, 71k miles), and noticed oil where i never seen before. i thought it might have been left over oil from the last oil change that i failed to clean up, which i never do. the oil is coming from the middle to driver side. its been cleaned up, hopefully by next oil change i will spot where its coming from.

have any of you guys noticed premature oil leaks ?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The location you mention is awfully close to the Rear Main Seal of the Engine...
Search around the area near the transmission there is a small plate cover that can be removed with a single bolt (Torque Converter Removal cover) and if oil is leaking from there then you need to replace your Rear main seal which is cheap but labor alone will hover around 500 bucks.

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
597 Posts
i jut did another oil change today (2009, 71k miles), and noticed oil where i never seen before. i thought it might have been left over oil from the last oil change that i failed to clean up, which i never do. the oil is coming from the middle to driver side. its been cleaned up, hopefully by next oil change i will spot where its coming from.

have any of you guys noticed premature oil leaks ?
I have an '08 MDX with 124K miles. The rear main oil seal has been replaced twice and it is starting to leak again. My believe is this seals fails in many units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts